PDA

View Full Version : how long from dbs to reg visit?

misskft
23-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Hello all I wondered how long it takes for ofsted to visit once your dbs is complete? My dbs was the last piece of my application puzzle

Mrsh3103
23-01-2014, 11:47 AM
It varies. I had my pre reg 2 weeks later but a friend of mine waited almost 4 months for hers. Fingers crossed it's not that long for you :)

misskft
23-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Hi thanks for your reply ive just been onto ofsted who said im due mid feb so will wait to hear. Meanwhile getting my paperwork tip top and knowimg the eyfs inside out! Any other tips for pre reg?

alex__17
23-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Mine was about 2 weeks later, I had the call from the inspector to arrange it only about a week after the dbs cleared, didn't expect it so soon!

My advice would be get as much done to the house as poss, or at least have it written down what you need to do. On the course I went on they said nothing needed to be done, but the inspector expected to see all my policies typed up, everything done safety wise to the house and garden, and basically ready to start, her reasoning was my certificate would be through in a couple of weeks and I could immediately start minding so it all needs to be done. I know not all are like this, but a friend had a different inspector and she almost didn't get cleared as she hadn't got cupboard locks and hadn't sorted a fence panel in the garden, which made me get it all done and I was glad I did.

However don't spend hours doing every little thing, I only cupboard locked the chemicals cupboard and a drawer with knives in, and when questioned said I have taught my own son to be careful in cupboards etc and would do the same to mindees which she was fine with.

Go through the ofsted what to expect of your pre reg visit booklet, everything I was asked was in that booklet pretty much, took me a good while to go through it all and write answers, but I was allowed to refer to my notes during the visit, if you can fill that in and know what you need to do to the house, you'll be fine, good luck!