PDA

View Full Version : Income and expenditures

chezzagriff
23-01-2014, 09:56 AM
This is my first year doing this so was hoping I could get some help.... How you provide proof of income? I have an invoice book and I provide receipts to parents for payment. I do my invoices monthly but some parents pay weekly so there's a lot of receipts, can I just provide my invoice book as proof?
Children's food.... Some of the others I have spoken to just put down £3 per child per day whereas others provide receipts but again so many receipts to keep so if I was to do an average if so much per child per day would that be ok or would I still need receipts?
Gas,electric,water,rent etc. .... Do I need statements of how much I pay a month in order to knock the percentage off?
Little things...... When I go to car boots or the corner shop etc. for bits do I need receipts I have been told under £10 I don't

I just want to make sure that I have everything right as I'm petrified of being pulled up on something I don't have proof for and having to pay money I haven't got
Thanks all

lilypads
23-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Following as i am in the same boat and would love some more info too :-)

Jelly Baby
23-01-2014, 02:19 PM
This is my first year doing this so was hoping I could get some help.... How you provide proof of income? I have an invoice book and I provide receipts to parents for payment. I do my invoices monthly but some parents pay weekly so there's a lot of receipts, can I just provide my invoice book as proof?
Children's food.... Some of the others I have spoken to just put down £3 per child per day whereas others provide receipts but again so many receipts to keep so if I was to do an average if so much per child per day would that be ok or would I still need receipts?
Gas,electric,water,rent etc. .... Do I need statements of how much I pay a month in order to knock the percentage off?
Little things...... When I go to car boots or the corner shop etc. for bits do I need receipts I have been told under £10 I don't

I just want to make sure that I have everything right as I'm petrified of being pulled up on something I don't have proof for and having to pay money I haven't got
Thanks all

Hi. Well ill tell you what I do, others may do differently though!

I give parents invoices & once paid a receipt. I have an income sheet for each child and it is filled in BUT the only thing I don't do and never have (been doing over 8 years) is get it signed..is this a requirement does anyone know?

Food I put through at 4.50 a child as they have snacks, lunch & dinner..some days breakfast. I did do the whole working out food bought etc but its very time consuming. I do keep all my food receipts though and if you are registered with the food standards agency they may ask.

gas, elec etc I put down the same each month. Our bills are always higher than what I put so I do lose out but find I have got into a habit of it. you will have bills if you need to prove them, mine are online anyway.

Things under £10 ive stopped getting or keeping receipts as you end up having so many.

Sure you will be fine, takes ages to get it sorted to a way you like! Im still learning even now!

chezzagriff
23-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Thanks for that, how do you average out your food bill? Mine have breakfast, lunch and snack too and some weeks I have a child that also has tea. Thanks for your help about everything else too

Tazmin68
23-01-2014, 05:02 PM
I highlight all minding relating food on my receipts. Yes have to keep all food related receipts. I know you don't need to keep receipts for under £10 but if you are providing 2,3 and 4 year old funded places then you still need these.

k-tots
23-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I was advised we only need to keep food bills for environmental health so any food poisoning can be traced back...so only for about three months....understand we can reasonably put a cost for food....I go by school dinner prices as it was argged between hmrc and (ncma) pacey x

k-tots
23-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Thanks for that, how do you average out your food bill? Mine have breakfast, lunch and snack too and some weeks I have a child that also has tea. Thanks for your help about everything else too ?de04

Mine is about £6 per day if having breakfast or £5per day for lunch tea and two snacks. ....the cost of fresh fruit is getting more expensive. ...these are the expences I put down and food is included within my fee x

NinaBowen
23-01-2014, 07:54 PM
I don't keep receipts for anything under £10.

I charge 50p for a snack, £1.00 for lunch and £2.00 for dinner. Food prices are always going up, some days I am sure the child doesn't get their 50p worth of snack but then other days they most definitely get more than 50p! You can't work it out for each meal exactly it would just take you forever! I can't do a separate shop for childminding as my family eat the meals too so can't divide it up that way.

The only other thing that I don't actually put down is the endless amounts of kitchen roll, dettol spray, toilet roll and hand wash. Perhaps I should don't know how I would do this though as it is for the whole family not just for childminding.

chezzagriff
11-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Yes I'm not sure how you put through toiletries either unless you just halved the price. To the people who do a set price £4 a day etc. have the hmrc ever questioned this or asked for receipts as proof? Im hoping after this 1st year this process gets easier!!!