PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED coming tomorrow

SimplyLucy
20-07-2008, 07:18 AM
I've got myself into such a panic over tomorrows inspection.

I'm charging around like a lunatic doing house work and double/triple/quadruple checking paperwork.

What paperwork does she want to see?

I'll have 8 children here when she arrives at 1pm tomorrow. I'm praying for nice weather so we can go in the garden.

I have a craft activity planned and I have a bowl of ice with animals in it and loads of ice cubes ready. I'm gonna do the ice on the tuffspot so it doesn't cause a water hazard when it melts.

If it rains the craft can move indoors, but I'll have to do something else rather than ice.

I can't believe what a state I'm getting myself into over this.

OMG what if she starts asking questions on the national standards, I've been so busy learning EYFS I've not read through the national standards for months. Guess I'll have to read them tonight. Maybe my policies will show I have a good understanding and she won't ask questions.

As you can tell I'm panicking now :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

angeldelight
20-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Calm down Lucy

I havent got time to answer your questions now but I am sure you know the answers anyway you are just in a panic

I am sure someone else will be along soon

Just wanted to say lots of good luck

Angel xx

miffy
20-07-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm sure you'll be fine

The booklet "are you ready for your inspection" tells you exactly what you must have and what she will want to see

I gave mine lots of paperwork to try and keep her busy :laughing: If you have lots of policies they won't waste time asking you questions they already have the answer to.

Good luck

Miffyxx

sue m
20-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Good luck Lucy, I'm sure you will be fine too but have to say, you feel exactly the same as me when I think about inspections and I have no idea when I'll have one, I've been working for 2 weeks. Right now I know nothing about the National Standards or the EYFS!!! I just go blank. I've got next week off so that's what I'll have to do with my 'spare time', read up!!!!! :panic:

sarah707
20-07-2008, 10:37 AM
You'll be fine... but don't foget to clean behind the fridge just in case :laughing:

Monkey1
20-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Good Luck!

SimplyLucy
20-07-2008, 01:24 PM
You'll be fine... but don't foget to clean behind the fridge just in case :laughing:

OMG I can't clean behind the fridge it's one of those HUGE american ones! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

butterfly
20-07-2008, 01:29 PM
good luck for tomorrow! i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine and get a fantastic grade and then you can come on here and tell us all your tips!! i think you're fantastic for even attempting to look after 8 kids let alone during your inspection!!

childminder54
20-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I've got myself into such a panic over tomorrows inspection.

I'm charging around like a lunatic doing house work and double/triple/quadruple checking paperwork.

What paperwork does she want to see?

I'll have 8 children here when she arrives at 1pm tomorrow. I'm praying for nice weather so we can go in the garden.

I have a craft activity planned and I have a bowl of ice with animals in it and loads of ice cubes ready. I'm gonna do the ice on the tuffspot so it doesn't cause a water hazard when it melts.

If it rains the craft can move indoors, but I'll have to do something else rather than ice.

I can't believe what a state I'm getting myself into over this.

OMG what if she starts asking questions on the national standards, I've been so busy learning EYFS I've not read through the national standards for months. Guess I'll have to read them tonight. Maybe my policies will show I have a good understanding and she won't ask questions.

As you can tell I'm panicking now :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

god how cme u can look fter 8 do u llive in a palace how come she has told u what time coming i didnt know they do

veronicaxx

SimplyLucy
21-07-2008, 05:39 AM
god how cme u can look fter 8 do u llive in a palace how come she has told u what time coming i didnt know they do

veronicaxx

I have 4 children of my own, 2 of which are over 8 and I'm registered for 4 more. I wish I lived in a palace but alas I don't! I do however have a large lounge leading into a large kitchen diner where the kitchen can be divided off. I also have quite a large garden with an area suitable for use even when it rains.

The inspector has so many inspections to get done by the end of August in this area that she is having to give eveyone exact dates and times. We're all getting about 3 weeks notice too, my sister has about 6 weeks notice of hers due to holidays!

charleyfarley
21-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Good luck for today Lucy.

We do all panic about our inspections, it's only normal.

You will be fine though I'm sure

It's really sunny here so I hope it stays like that for you

GOOD LUCK

cAROL XX

SimplyLucy
21-07-2008, 06:03 AM
It's a lovely sunny day here too. Yayyyyyyyyyyyy I can do my craft in the garden and not worry now. :D

I don't actually feel that nervous today. I do however wish she was coming this morning, it's going to be a long day!

emler
21-07-2008, 06:03 AM
Good luck Lucy - I'm sure you will be absolutely fine :thumbsup:

Splish Splosh
21-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Good Luck Lucy hope all goes well.

katickles
21-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Lucy i just wanted to say good luck for your inspection, but i'm sure that you will be absolutly fine.

x

childminder54
21-07-2008, 09:19 AM
good luck

veronicaxx

devoncm
21-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Just wanted to say good luck Lucy im sure you will do great

Im still waiting for her to ring me for mine and im dreading it

Banana
21-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Hope your inspection is going/gone well!!!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

x

keals
22-07-2008, 11:36 AM
good luck Lucy i hope it all goes really well. I am due for me first inspection and i jump every time the phone rings. I have no idea what i am supposed to be doing as i have had no support since i registered. I am finally getting a visit from trio this friday so hopefully that will put my mind at ease. i have only been childminding since june so i am only just getting to grips with all the paperwork. If anyone has any help or suggestions to put my mind at ease it would be really appreciated.:eek: :eek:

sarah707
22-07-2008, 12:49 PM
good luck Lucy i hope it all goes really well. I am due for me first inspection and i jump every time the phone rings. I have no idea what i am supposed to be doing as i have had no support since i registered. I am finally getting a visit from trio this friday so hopefully that will put my mind at ease. i have only been childminding since june so i am only just getting to grips with all the paperwork. If anyone has any help or suggestions to put my mind at ease it would be really appreciated.:eek: :eek:

The best thing you can do is have a really good look round the forums...

There is loads of advice and help all over the place!

If there's anything specific you need, just ask! :D

devoncm
22-07-2008, 03:39 PM
How did it go Lucy?

Hopefully not too terrifying for you

SimplyLucy
22-07-2008, 04:39 PM
It was fabulous!

I got an Outstanding overall............yippeeeeeeeeeee!

When I get the report I'll post abit more about it as I'm still a bit shell shocked at the moment!

Trouble
22-07-2008, 04:45 PM
nice one well done you:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

ChocolateChip
22-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Well done Lucy!!!
Sorry I haven't been on for a few days to wish you luck but you didn't need it-fantastic result!!! :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

devoncm
23-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Well done Lucy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

donnahay0
23-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Oh that's fantastic news - well done you - time to celebrate & have a nice relax. :goodjob: