PDA

View Full Version : Pushchair advice needed

line6
22-01-2014, 09:07 PM
I thought I'd solved my pushchair needs when I discovered the Joovy Caboose however I have changed my car and it won't fit in the boot with all 7 seats up. Also i am taking on a 6 month old baby so now need something suitable for a 6 month old and an almost 3 year old. It's only one day a week and only for the school run where I haven't got enough time or hands to let the older one walk! (Also have a 3 1/2 year old, a rising 5, a 7 and a 9 year old). Looking a around I'm just not sure what to go for. Any advice? Thanks

blue bear
22-01-2014, 10:00 PM
It will really depend which seven seater you have. I have a vw Sharon and can fit in either the nipper 360 double with wheels off or phil and ted sport with wheels on.

Bluebell
22-01-2014, 10:28 PM
I can get a double umbrella fold in my zafira, but some pushchairs are just too long. I have utilised the cubby holes at each end (- I think they're some kind of storage for first aid kits or emergency triangles or something!?)

I've just ordered a new single umbrella fold from kiddicare and had to message them to ask for the measurements. I've spent so much money on pushchairs and haven't even been doing it that long so this time I've gone for the cheapest cheap one and see how I get on.

I have to say pushchairs are a nightmare - they don't fold easily, are too small for a tall 2 year old, - either their head or legs stick out, or the foot rest thing is always in the wrong place, that children seem to 'slump' in and seem really uncomfortable, the straps don't adjust down enough for small children or long enough for big children with big winter coats on , or has a rain cover that doesn't actually cover the child! Also ones that are supposed to be suitable from birth but don't fold completely flat. grrr

I mean really - should it be that hard to get a decent pushchair!?

Tazmin68
23-01-2014, 12:37 AM
I have a zaf and ages ago changed my double buggy to obaby Apollo twin both kiddicare and mothercare sell it as just fits with all 7 seats up. More difficult when foot muffs attached

k1rstie
23-01-2014, 08:25 AM
I had a m@p aria double for my Zafira. I used it when I had two children or just the one. It fitted in upright, if I crossed my fingers!

I agree, buggies and boots are a nightmare

Tazmin68
23-01-2014, 09:21 AM
I can get a double umbrella fold in my zafira, but some pushchairs are just too long. I have utilised the cubby holes at each end (- I think they're some kind of storage for first aid kits or emergency triangles or something!?) I've just ordered a new single umbrella fold from kiddicare and had to message them to ask for the measurements. I've spent so much money on pushchairs and haven't even been doing it that long so this time I've gone for the cheapest cheap one and see how I get on. I have to say pushchairs are a nightmare - they don't fold easily, are too small for a tall 2 year old, - either their head or legs stick out, or the foot rest thing is always in the wrong place, that children seem to 'slump' in and seem really uncomfortable, the straps don't adjust down enough for small children or long enough for big children with big winter coats on , or has a rain cover that doesn't actually cover the child! Also ones that are supposed to be suitable from birth but don't fold completely flat. grrr I mean really - should it be that hard to get a decent pushchair!?

Those cubby holes are for access to rear lights and one should contain the things you have to carry instead of spare wheel!!!!!!

Deb

line6
23-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Thanks everyone. I have an Audi Q7. My Joovy Caboose fits in but I can't shut the boot as the wheel is in the way of the glass. So annoying! I think it'll be trial and error.

cupcakencookie
23-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I know this doesn't solve your boot problem but for when you're not driving have you considered a buggypod? I've got one that attaches to my single pushchair and I love it - my 4 yr old fits in it when tired and it folds away or can be easily removed when not needed. Its not compatible with all pushchairs but have just checked their website and you can use it with the Joovy Caboose so you'd be able to have 3 children on one pushchair. I got mine quite cheap off ebay - they are really expensive new! Off to check out the Joovy Caboose on ebay now... never happy with the same pushchair for long lol!

line6
23-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Lol! I've looked at those but my single is a Quinny Zapp so I'm assuming it wouldn't work. I do like the Joovy tho - I can't stand buggy boards so it's great for a slightly older child. Just wish the wheel came off so I could use it when I'm full! Typical!!!

Filagood
28-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Have you looked at BabyJogger City Mini Double or Baby Jogger City Select? The double is a side by side one but really light. The select is a single with a second seat which you can add and remove depending if you need to push your older child. Baby Jogger fold really compactly so perfect for small spaces in cars! Baby Jogger don't let online shops advertise prices so you have to do a lot of ringing /emailing around which is a bit of a pain and really time consuming. I rang round loads of companies and ended up getting mine from BuggyBaby (Rent and Buy Baby Equipment Online from BuggyBaby (http://www.buggybaby.co.uk)) (if that's any help!)