PDA

View Full Version : Excluding for sickness?

Kirsty90
22-01-2014, 05:22 PM
I know everyone has their own opinion on this so thought I'd ask! My dd (8mo) is sometimes sick after eating if a. She's eaten too much or b. if it's maybe a new food/new texture etc. at the minute were trying to get her eating the same as us so she's trying new things all of the time & is a little bit sick more often than she was when she was just eating jars. Do I need to close for 48 hours everytime this happens even though I know she's not ill or is it only when I know she's got a bug of some kind?

Sorry if that's a stupid question but just wanted opinions.

Thanks

Kirsty x

Koala
22-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Not a stupid question at all.

Babies are often sick for many reasons and as you know the reasons why and these are valid and reasonable there is no need to close as there is no risk to others.

Mrsh3103
22-01-2014, 06:24 PM
My ds (16 months) hasn't ever done a solid poo, it's always runny. He's got quite a few allergies and the formula milk he has does this to him. If I was to close for 48hrs every time he did a poo sometimes 3 times a day I would never be open! As long as you know the reason and you're 100% certain it's not due to an illness there's no need to close :)

caz3007
22-01-2014, 06:30 PM
My son is 11 and if he gets stressed he is sick. The school now trust my judgement even if he has been sent home.