PDA

View Full Version : How long

smurfette
22-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Do u wait before following up a parent who has been to see you? Saw a lovely mum
Monday night, and she was to see someone else 'later in week' but now have someone else want to come see me.. Don't want to waste their time or mine, if first mum wants it?

bunnyjess
22-01-2014, 02:44 PM
I'd just see the other person first and then see what happens. You don't want to say no to the other person yet and you don't want to push the previous one either. If the new one wants you just message the first one asking what the want to do as someone else is also interested

kellyskidz!
22-01-2014, 02:47 PM
I'd see the other person first, the if they want the place and first Mum still hasn't rang you then I'd ring her and mention someone else is enquiring and you wondered if she did still want the place. I usually wait for them to call me, or give them a ring after a week and say just checking in and did they have any questions because I usually say to them as they're leaving I'm sure you'll think of a million questions to ask when you get home. That way you're not waiting around to see if they want the space xx

smurfette
22-01-2014, 03:01 PM
It's all a bit scary! The lady other night said very positive things, but the one who called today has been after a space on and off for a while, and I can't accommodate five days a week so she has gone away and found a solution! My problem is not all spaces are coming up immediately and I don't know when,, have one going on maternity, one moving house (or not, parents are a bit prone to notions and then don't do anything about it for a while!) and one whose dad is on a temp contract .. They are only on two days a week. My head is melted aarrgghh!!

smurfette
22-01-2014, 03:02 PM
And would you offer first refusal to the one you saw first? Both same hours

AliceK
22-01-2014, 03:02 PM
I would see the second parent and if they want me and want to sign then fine, space has gone. I always tell parents to let me know either way as other people are interested in the space. They may think it's me being pushy until they come back too late and the space has gone. First come first served here:thumbsup:

Xxxx

smurfette
22-01-2014, 03:06 PM
I would see the second parent and if they want me and want to sign then fine, space has gone. I always tell parents to let me know either way as other people are interested in the space. They may think it's me being pushy until they come back too late and the space has gone. First come first served here:thumbsup: Xxxx

I didn't actually tell her that but hope she would realise it. At the time no one else was looking for the same days, things change quickly!

smurfette
22-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Lol funny how things work out, one of my mums picked up and said that she is pregnant! So looks like I can fit both in if by some small miracle they both want me! Second mum is coming this pm thanks for the advice guys!

kellyskidz!
22-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Yay!! Glad its worked out xxx

smurfette
22-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Will keep you posted!

AliceK
22-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Good luck. Hope it's going / gone well :thumbsup:

xxx

smurfette
22-01-2014, 08:15 PM
thanks you guys gosh what a lovely family!! Little fella is adorable and gave me a hug and said bed time when he had been here a few mins! Mum and dad lovely and seem impressed with what I offer and want to know when I can start him! Said I will call her tomorrow with a date