PDA

View Full Version : ex-mindee ignored me, should i talk to mum?

Rickers83
22-01-2014, 12:01 PM
So this is the lo who left suddenly on Monday, no goodbyes etc as mum said she handed her notice in at work with immediate effect.

today stepdad takes lo to school & when I see them I cheerily say "hi, how r u?". Stepdad mumbles hi, but lo who would usually wave frantically & say hello, put her head down & kept walking!!

should i speak to mum as am really worried lo has been told its me who ended contract when it wasn't, i know its bad to assume that, but it really wouldn't surprise me & cant imagine why lo would do that she is 8.

Rickers83
22-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Oh & it also bothers me that
1- if mum is not working because she wanted to spend time with lo its funny its stepdad doing school run
& 2 - their invoice is not due until next week & i now appear to be being ignored

dawn100
22-01-2014, 12:08 PM
If that is the case and mum has told them that what would you achieve by speaking to mum as she probably won't admit that.
The lo has had her routine turned upside down with no notice so its bound to affect her and you often take out on the people you love and care about. It must all be a quite stressful time at home as mum finishing her job with no notice just seems a bit odd.

Mouse
22-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Hard as it is, they have now left your care & you need to let them go and move on. You don't know what has been said to the child and it wouldn't serve any purpose to find out. Perhaps these parents feel awkward about how things have ended, though my worry would be that they have no intention of paying next week and that's why they want to avoid you!

Keep your fingers crossed you get your money next week, keep smiling politely when you see them, but don't be surprised when you don't get a response. Some people are just like that. I have one ex-mum who walks straight past me in the street as if she doesn't even recognise me - very strange :rolleyes:

Koala
22-01-2014, 12:36 PM
I'de leave them alone to play their own screwed up little games.

I have found with some, not all, but some families and I have had one or two in the past that there is resentment towards their childminder for looking after their children. It is their childminders fault that they go out to work and cannot look after their children. It is not fair that their childminder gets to stay at home and do all the fun things with their little one (like wiping bums, clearing up the mess, carrying a teething/sick baby listening to them scream oh yes and wiping sick and snot from the furniture and your hair and clothes) whilst been at home, drinking coffee, putting their feet up, doing their own household chores :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors never mind in their heads??? It's a fight you won't win it's best to stay well clear. :thumbsup:

hectors house
22-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I think I would have asked for the money to be paid as soon as notice was given if they didn't want to send the child for notice period - think it is very unfair on you and the child that child wasn't allowed to wind down coming slowly so you both could get used to the idea and say your goodbyes - especially as the parent is now paying for child to not come. Don't know why the child didn't speak to you, I would just keep on saying hello to her and the parents even if you don't get a reply.

mrs owl
22-01-2014, 03:08 PM
So this is the lo who left suddenly on Monday, no goodbyes etc as mum said she handed her notice in at work with immediate effect.

today stepdad takes lo to school & when I see them I cheerily say "hi, how r u?". Stepdad mumbles hi, but lo who would usually wave frantically & say hello, put her head down & kept walking!!

should i speak to mum as am really worried lo has been told its me who ended contract when it wasn't, i know its bad to assume that, but it really wouldn't surprise me & cant imagine why lo would do that she is 8.

Ouch that hurts doesn't it? I looked after a LO for over a year and eventually after lots of issues with the parents she left suddenly and next time I saw her she completely ignored me