PDA

View Full Version : So angry!

Blueeyedminder
22-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Dad brings little girl on Monday says she was poorly the Friday before but all better since then... Turns out she is grumpy and clingy (not her usual self) and has diarrhoea!! She is sent home immediately.. This morning I wake up with diarrhoea and vomiting! So now I can't work and it's cost me at least £130!!! I'm so angry! I feel like charging the parent for my loss of earnings!!

Mouse
22-01-2014, 10:24 AM
That is annoying.

I had it the other way round yesterday. Mum arrived with child and said she had been sick on Thursday, but OK since then. The child was a bit grizzly coming in (very unusual), so I said to mum to leave her as she'd be fine. Mum was very unsure and nearly took the child away again! I had to battle with her to leave her daughter and go to work :laughing: Of course, mindee was fine within minutes and had a lovely day :D

Blueeyedminder
22-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Well tbh I think the parent lied because when he came to pick her up he said oh she did have 2 runny nappies yesterday but didn't think much about it! Yeah well thanks for that! And it's a bit funny how you failed to mention that this morning!

EmmaReed84
22-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Why are some people so thoughtless?!

Koala
22-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Well tbh I think the parent lied because when he came to pick her up he said oh she did have 2 runny nappies yesterday but didn't think much about it! Yeah well thanks for that! And it's a bit funny how you failed to mention that this morning!

A parent lie :laughing: surely not :laughing:

dawn100
22-01-2014, 11:37 AM
I know parents can be under pressure from work, I've experienced it when I was employed and used a cm but the thought of leaving my kids with someone else when they're poorly is just not something I would do!
The other had a parent drop a kid off no mention they had been running a fever all night and had been dosed up! Lo was a bit sleepy but I didn't really think much of it as that wasnt that unusual went up to bed woke up after 20 mins with a raging temp of 39.5 and was pale and lifeless, phoned mum to say you need to get here ASAP she asked can u give lo nurofen, I said sorry only have calpol, she went a bit quiet and said she didn't like him to have calpol she would be here in 5 mins and would bring nurofen with her. I advised her to see emergency doctor at the minor injuries walk in as I was really concerned. Text mum about 5 hours later and she was still there with lo under observation as doctors were so concerned that his temp was so high even with the calpol and nurofen he'd been given, mum had given calpol and nurofen through the night and had given calpol just before drop off hence why she didn't want me to give any as it had been less than 4 hours since his last dose. My dd then caught it and spent all weekend really poorly as she has asthma everything goes straight to her chest!
But on the other extreme a mum who phones and say my lo has a bit of a runny nose should I keep him home?

fionamadcat
22-01-2014, 01:29 PM
2 of my schoolies have been off with sickness bugs both been at school before their 48 hrs up but I refused to have them back. 1 of them was dropped off this morning with his little brother and within 5 minutes of being in the door announced his brother had been sick during night. I had to call mum and ask and I just got total silence on the other end of the phone and then she admitted it. I have told them that this has broken my trust and I will have to consider my position. Seriously thinking of giving notice. This is not only problem I have had with this family.

Emra81
22-01-2014, 01:48 PM
I just don't get why people do it....why tell porkies about something as contagious as D & V. The chances of getting caught out are huge....especially when you add the kiddie factor into the mix as they will usually drop you in it if they can! I know there are plenty of employers out there who make it very difficult for parents to take time off even when their children are really poorly BUT its no secret that children get ill a fair bit so if parents aren't prepared to deal with that then should they really be having kids?! Perhaps a slightly harsh way of looking at it as nothing is ever that black and white but to me that's what it boils down to.

Fionamadcat, I completely agree about thinking of giving notice; Mum has been caught out blatantly deceiving you and putting your business in jeopardy, not to put too fine a point on it. You have a duty of care to your other mindees (not to mention you and your family!) and this family's disrespectful actions could potentially see you closed down and investigated for knowingly spreading highly contagious illnesses (a bit extreme I know but might be worth making that point to Mum nonetheless!)

Can you tell I'm in a bad mood today?! :-S

Koala
22-01-2014, 02:09 PM
2 of my schoolies have been off with sickness bugs both been at school before their 48 hrs up but I refused to have them back. 1 of them was dropped off this morning with his little brother and within 5 minutes of being in the door announced his brother had been sick during night. I had to call mum and ask and I just got total silence on the other end of the phone and then she admitted it. I have told them that this has broken my trust and I will have to consider my position. Seriously thinking of giving notice. This is not only problem I have had with this family.

It might be the only problem you have "found out about" it has probably happened before, I despair. And I am in a bad mood too Emra81, it really p's me off. :angry:

line6
22-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Glad it's not just me Ina terrible mood today! I'm raging about everything - mostly mindee peeing everywhere all day! But this sickness thing drives me mad too.