PDA

View Full Version : Terrible cold

skyblue
22-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Hi, just wondered what other people would do.
I have s horrible cold which started yesterday while I was working. I feel awful and achy. Today I have only before and after schools so will be going back to bed during day!
Tomorrow I have 3 los plus after schoolers. Would you still work or take the time off? I hate letting people down but feel so rough! X

weedotes
22-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Hi, just wondered what other people would do.
I have s horrible cold which started yesterday while I was working. I feel awful and achy. Today I have only before and after schools so will be going back to bed during day!
Tomorrow I have 3 los plus after schoolers. Would you still work or take the time off? I hate letting people down but feel so rough! X

Sympathies . Maybe if you took some medication and got into bed today . Took it easy this afternoon and had an early night you could beat this cold providing it isn't a flu. It's a hard decision . You hate letting anyone down , so if you do , as much notice as possible is best . Maybe you could forewarn tomorrows parents so they can at least seek out a back up ? . Hope you can take as much rest as possible today .

Mouse
22-01-2014, 08:55 AM
I very rarely take time off sick - I have to be confined to bed before I'd consider it!

What I do is explain to parents that I am feeling really rough, so we will be having an easy day. I usually get through the morning OK, then in the afternoon the los will watch a DVD while I sit feeling sorry for myself! As soon as the last one has gone home, I crawl off to bed and stay there till the next day!

skyblue
22-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Well, thats the school run done. Now to get to bed and try to sleep this off!
I'm sure I will soldier on. Never taken time off for me being ill before.

AliceK
22-01-2014, 09:03 AM
I very rarely take time off sick - I have to be confined to bed before I'd consider it!

What I do is explain to parents that I am feeling really rough, so we will be having an easy day. I usually get through the morning OK, then in the afternoon the los will watch a DVD while I sit feeling sorry for myself! As soon as the last one has gone home, I crawl off to bed and stay there till the next day!

I'm the same I have never taken any time off for my own illness, even when I had to go to the dentist to have a tooth out and leave the children in the waiting room with OH and then I was straight back to work. (I wouldn't recommend that though!!). I always just dose myself up and struggle on and then go to bed when everyone has gone. I hate letting parents down.
Hopefully you will feel slightly better tomorrow.

Xxxx

Mouse
22-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Well, thats the school run done. Now to get to bed and try to sleep this off!
I'm sure I will soldier on. Never taken time off for me being ill before.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Kaybeaa
22-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Sympathies :( I have an awful cold too and 3 EYFS children today including a baby who won't stop crying. Was considering staying in bed too but I'm dosed up on paracetamol and hoping it'll see me through to 5pm! Hope you feel better after a rest x

maisiemog
22-01-2014, 09:47 AM
This cold is a nasty one. I've felt like death all week but carried on working. Cant afford not to! We've just had chilled out day! Just take it easy! And big hugs! Hope you feel better soon xxx

skyblue
22-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Thank you everyone. I've had a 3 1/2 hour nap and a long hot bath and starting to feel a bit more human again. Hopefully a good nights sleep will sort me out completely! X

Koala
22-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Thank you everyone. I've had a 3 1/2 hour nap and a long hot bath and starting to feel a bit more human again. Hopefully a good nights sleep will sort me out completely! X

Good luck, have another hot bath straight after you finish tonight, hot water bottle and a tipple of what you fancy, well done for keeping going :thumbsup: that's dedication :D

Pixie dust
22-01-2014, 02:44 PM
I have only had to take 1 day off so far in 4 years due to illness. When dh rang the parents to tell them as I was too ill to even talk on the phone they said ' she must be feeling bad she never has a day off ill'

Glad you are feeling a bit better .. a few hours sleep has obviously helped x