PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why on my busiest day???

EmmaReed84
22-01-2014, 06:13 AM
Last night my youngest child (aged 5) was fairly quite, he got his rabbit and blanket and snuggled on the sofa, then when DH got home, snuggled with him. Then at about 8.30pm, while DH was at the gym, he stood at the top of the stairs crying that he was bored! He has never, ever woke up like that once he has gone to bed.

I went to bed at about 11pm and he was crying again, saying he wasn't having any fun... He was very warm, but didn't have a temp. All through the night every couple of hours or so, he has woken up crying! I think he might be getting poorly, and when he gets ill, he gets really ill!

If he does get up and is not well, I will more than likely have to close, but it is such a ****** as this is my busiest day, 3 EY children all day a total of £110!!!

Surely he could have planned this for a day when I was quieter LOL! Poor little sausage! When my eldest is ill, he just gets on with it, slightly more naughty, not like youngest, whose gets a raging temp and can't move off the sofa!

Oh and now I am sneezing!

unalindura77
22-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Kids seem to have an inbuilt knack for getting ill/embarrassing you/acting out when you most need them not to!

Ah bless him!

smurfette
22-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Hope he is ok this morning, as pp said they pick their moments!!

Miss freckles
22-01-2014, 09:09 AM
I feel for you, I had to close Friday as my son was sick early hours of the morning and I lost £80!

One of the parents said "oh well, at least you get a day off!" Erm I'm losing £80 and my son is poorly!

Hope he's ok this morning.

charlottenash
22-01-2014, 09:12 AM
How is he today

kellyskidz!
22-01-2014, 09:37 AM
They do pick their moments! Hoping he was better today and it was just a night time thing xx

EmmaReed84
22-01-2014, 10:01 AM
I have to admit, I am a bit of a mean Mummy, especially with my youngest, like I said, when he is ill, he will literally lay on the sofa feeling sorry for himself. I can usually tell when it is genuine and when it is not. But for the times I am not sure, I put the cruel, unsympathetic Mum hat on. If it is not genuine, he soon gets up and forgets about being 'ill'

So this morning, I didn't ask how he felt, and carried on like all was normal. I made his breakfast and told him to get ready for school. He was very quiet to begin with and I started to think perhaps he was ill, but by the time he came back down stairs he was perfectly back to normal, bouncing around and giggling!

I have no idea what last night was all about...

kellyskidz!
22-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Haha good tactic! I do this too when my dd falls over I say oh its fine, rub it better. My oh rushes over practically crying himself and fussing which makes her worse, if I act like its nothing, she soon forgets. (Just dreading the day she breaks her arm and I go ohhh its fine, rub it better lol!) x

EmmaReed84
22-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Haha good tactic! I do this too when my dd falls over I say oh its fine, rub it better. My oh rushes over practically crying himself and fussing which makes her worse, if I act like its nothing, she soon forgets. (Just dreading the day she breaks her arm and I go ohhh its fine, rub it better lol!) x

OMG! This actually happened to me... TWICE!

First time... Eldest went to bed, and he has been known to get out and cry because he can't sleep. Well one day he had really played up and I had just had enough, this particular night, he was crying so loud, and I heard it getting closer, so I knew he was out of bed and heading downstairs. I hopped off the chair and shouted "If you don't get your backside, back in that bed right.... OMG ***??????????!" Yes I did actually say the f-word! His face was covered in blood! He shoved a piece of LEGO up his nose! I had to call MIL round to look after youngest so I could pop him up to A&E!

Second time... Both children playing in the garden, now being boys, they argue and scream at each other... then come in crying and whinging about each other. One day they were playing and I heard eldest coming up from the garden crying! My first reaction was "what now?" then again, saw his face covered in blood... He had bashed his head on the side of the slide he has s very tiny gash in the side of his head... It was only small, but very deep... Cue another trip to A&E...

kellyskidz!
22-01-2014, 02:51 PM
OMG! This actually happened to me... TWICE!

First time... Eldest went to bed, and he has been known to get out and cry because he can't sleep. Well one day he had really played up and I had just had enough, this particular night, he was crying so loud, and I heard it getting closer, so I knew he was out of bed and heading downstairs. I hopped off the chair and shouted "If you don't get your backside, back in that bed right.... OMG ***??????????!" Yes I did actually say the f-word! His face was covered in blood! He shoved a piece of LEGO up his nose! I had to call MIL round to look after youngest so I could pop him up to A&E!

Second time... Both children playing in the garden, now being boys, they argue and scream at each other... then come in crying and whinging about each other. One day they were playing and I heard eldest coming up from the garden crying! My first reaction was "what now?" then again, saw his face covered in blood... He had bashed his head on the side of the slide he has s very tiny gash in the side of his head... It was only small, but very deep... Cue another trip to A&E...

Oh no hahaha!!
I bet they think we are sooo mean!!:thumbsup:
Oh well, character building my Mum used to call it. I've got it from her, if I ran to her crying with a cut on my arm she'd say she was going to chop it off lol, cue one child quickly stopping crying and running in the opposite direction :laughing:

maisiemog
22-01-2014, 06:13 PM
OMG! This actually happened to me... TWICE! First time... Eldest went to bed, and he has been known to get out and cry because he can't sleep. Well one day he had really played up and I had just had enough, this particular night, he was crying so loud, and I heard it getting closer, so I knew he was out of bed and heading downstairs. I hopped off the chair and shouted "If you don't get your backside, back in that bed right.... OMG ***??????????!" Yes I did actually say the f-word! His face was covered in blood! He shoved a piece of LEGO up his nose! I had to call MIL round to look after youngest so I could pop him up to A&E! Second time... Both children playing in the garden, now being boys, they argue and scream at each other... then come in crying and whinging about each other. One day they were playing and I heard eldest coming up from the garden crying! My first reaction was "what now?" then again, saw his face covered in blood... He had bashed his head on the side of the slide he has s very tiny gash in the side of his head... It was only small, but very deep... Cue another trip to A&E...

My MIL sent my DH to school when he said he had belly ache. She told him he only had trapped wind! Halfway to school he collapsed and his appendix had burst! Now he's over paranoid! Slightest hint my DD is ill and he's googling or trying to persuade me to see a Dr!

yummyripples
22-01-2014, 07:53 PM

My son was playing outside and had a slight collision with next doors car. I was convinced it was just a bruise but to be on the safe side we went to a&e.
Whoops he had fractured his ankle! !!!!

EmmaReed84
22-01-2014, 08:13 PM
My god we are all awful parents... How on earth did we become childminders!! :laughing:

serin
23-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Gosh u are all so funny lol ur stories are so entertaining. I have nothing similar but my 1 year old did lock me out the house once. I closed the door so he dont crawl out and he bolted it! Neighbour had to climb through my bedroom window! :blush: