PDA

View Full Version : Online papers

lorettacritchet
21-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Hi, what do we all generally think of the online companies that do the EYFS paperwork like observations, etc? I have heard of one that does all the next steps automatically and tracks things.

I am a bit unsure but do love a dream that paperwork will be less....how do Ofsted view this?

Thanks

sarah707
21-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Have you seen this comparison blog and the comments? :D

Comparison of online learning journey systems for childminders | Pyjama School (http://pyjamaschool.co.uk/comparison-of-online-learning-journey-systems-for-childminders/)

lorettacritchet
21-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks Sarah, definitely something to think about!

Do you know how Ofsted view these online systems?

Have you seen this comparison blog and the comments? :D

Comparison of online learning journey systems for childminders | Pyjama School (http://pyjamaschool.co.uk/comparison-of-online-learning-journey-systems-for-childminders/)

Simona
22-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Hi, what do we all generally think of the online companies that do the EYFS paperwork like observations, etc? I have heard of one that does all the next steps automatically and tracks things.

I am a bit unsure but do love a dream that paperwork will be less....how do Ofsted view this?

Thanks

My personal view is that documentation you create yourself will reduce paperwork if you make it absolutely necessary and pertinent to your practice...it has the added bonus that because you know how it works for you it is easier to discuss with the inspector when you show her how your children are progressing and why.

I have seen many systems in place...including suggested ones from LAs...but I never understood the need for so many bits that made no sense to me
I am sure there are many cms who like them and use them...one reason is because they are online and appear easier but I am not sure if they can be 'updated' to your requirements because the format is designed by someone else for general purpose not specific setting documentation

Good luck