PDA

View Full Version : What do your cleaners do?

serin
20-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Silly question but I am having a cleaner coming over for the first time on Saturday. I haven't had one before but I am thinking I might have her once a month or every two weeks. Apparently she is happy with as and when. I would like her to clean my blinds in the living room, the bathroom/wc, some cupboards in the kitchen and the windows. If you have cleaners what do they do for you and how often do you have them?
I feel like I work hard and cleaning my house seems to be taking over my life! I really don't feel that I want or need an assistant but I hope a cleaner might release some weight off my shoulders.

Thanks

JoRo163
20-01-2014, 10:40 PM
My cleaner does 3 hours a week and cleans & dusts upstairs. So bedrooms and the bathroom, including windows, skirting boards, cobwebs etc when needed. I don't ask her to do downstairs as I do that in the eves, which I would still do anyway as I can't relax in the eve til it's done each day! She so does my ironing, so I rarely need to iron now.

I do find it such a help and one less thing to have to cram in to my weekend.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-01-2014, 09:14 AM
I don't think you will find her coming once a month much help at all as she will just be containing the fires.

Could you afford to have her every week or at least every fortnight? It makes a massive difference to come home and find you don't have to do anything?

Mine comes for 3 hours each week and cleans my bedrooms, bathrooms, lounge, kitchen, playroom and washes down walls if there is anytime. If you could get someone to do the basics like this then you could do the non essentials when you have time or once the cleaner gets familiar with your house might be able to do a room a week properly washing things down and doing the skirting boards and over the top of doors etc...

serin
21-01-2014, 10:19 AM
I think you are right once a month is not really enough. I think even once every 2 weeks would be a massive help to me. I think it is £10 an hour so I would happily pay for 2 hours. I am in london lee. How much do you all pay?

Ripeberry
21-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I would love a cleaner! But too ashamed to have one. I'd have to clean the house perfectly before they came!

serin
21-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Well I felt the same and it will take getting used to but like my mum said, I do a basic clean I can never do a deep clean so windows, doors, cupboards etc. All your comments are interesting because I didnt think of the walls and skirting. I feel quite dirty now!

Koala
21-01-2014, 10:50 AM
I would love a cleaner! But too ashamed to have one. I'd have to clean the house perfectly before they came!

Me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

JCrakers
21-01-2014, 11:27 AM
My cleaner comes for 2hrs on a Friday morning while we are out at toddler group. I feel so much better now as I was spending my Saturday morning cleaning but now I can have a well deserved rest and see my own children.

I pay £20 a week and its worth every penny, working a 50hr week and with the extra mess from the children. She cleans the kitchen, hoovers and mops. Cleans the bathroom and downstairs loo. Dusts and cleans two bedrooms upstairs.

serin
24-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Well my very first cleaner is coming tomorrow morning for 3 hours (its her minimum). I'm looking forward to it. Ripeberry I have found myself cleaning my house for her.... :rolleyes: How is this ever going to work lol. But I figured I want her to do windows kitchen cupboards walls skirting so surely if I am cleaning as well theres no harm done right?.... :confused:

teacakepenguin
24-01-2014, 11:40 PM
I hate cleaning with a passion, a cleaner is really important to me! I'm in rural Somerset but still paying £10 an hour, but she is amazing to be fair.

I have her for 2 hours every week and she normally does a good clean everywhere, leaving me to do deep cleans when the urge takes me. I find that works really well for me, and £20 a week is totally manageable for my sanity!!
Jx

serin
25-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Yeah I wanted £20 but she wont do under 3 hours so I'm thinking maybe once every 2 weeks. I cant justify £30 a week in my head. Also I don't think I will need her for 3 hours every week but 2 hours makes more sense.

Nicola Carlyle
26-01-2014, 10:40 PM
My cleaner comes for three hours on a Friday evening (3.30pm - 6.30pm). She is AMAZING. She spends two hours upstairs and cleans 3 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, office and hovers everywhere then at 5.30pm when I'm finished she comes downstairs, hovers everywhere, mops all hard flooring, cleans kitchen, downstairs toilet, cleans all glass, washes walks skirtings, door frames, doors etc. that's the usual every week. She will also do ironing and change beds etc if I needed her to. I give upstairs bathrooms a quick once over ever other day to keep on top of things and always clean the downstairs every night. She is a godsend and I don't know what I'd do without her.