PDA

View Full Version : I dont know the answer??

emmadines
19-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I have a friend (we will call her "S") who wants to be a childminder, she's worried to ask ofsted incase it would cuase problems with her getting registered.

So I was asked but I dont know the answer!?!:panic:

I thought any of you may have an idea?:idea: :idea:

She has a friend (we will call her X) who had her children taken away due to "X" not coping. as far as "S" knew. now apparently "X" comes to visit every now and again but "S" needs to work and due to responsabilities (sp?) she cant go out to work so has chosen to do what we do.

Anyway back to the question. should she stop "X" from visiting while she is working eg, visit on maybe weekends if "S" isnt working, or would it be ok if "S" didnt allow "X" to be alone with the children???

As you can see as a newbie myself it's a hard one to answer, the last thing I want to do is pass on the wrong advice. I mean, many ppl cant cope, just some ppl can't cope more then others??? I dont know.

anyway any info would be great so I can pass it on

Thanks

Wendy Woo
19-07-2008, 10:50 PM
as far as i no its ok as long as she is never left alone but then i am fairly new to this to so u might wanna waut for some of the more experienced ladies come on.

im sure they will help

Hope u sort it

wend x

Pudding Girl
19-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Well no-one who isn't part of your family/been crbed if over 16 should be left unsupervised with mindees at all anyway, so I should imagine there'd not be a problem?

Could she just explain that she is working and busy and she can no longer visit?

jessie1
20-07-2008, 01:41 AM
I was told anyone that come to your house often during the day whilst minding should be CRB'd. I accidentally spoke to my baby explaining that her Nan will pop around soon, (after Inspector Leaves). She then asked me how often and I said because she is currently not working due to an accident at her work she comes whenever she wishes. Inspector then said she must be CRB'd or stop coming. Luckily for me Nan is a School Teacher for Year 3's so has an Enhanced Check and she said thats OK and explained that anyone coming more than 3 days a week should have a CRB done.

miffy
20-07-2008, 06:30 AM
I was told anyone that come to your house often during the day whilst minding should be CRB'd. I accidentally spoke to my baby explaining that her Nan will pop around soon, (after Inspector Leaves). She then asked me how often and I said because she is currently not working due to an accident at her work she comes whenever she wishes. Inspector then said she must be CRB'd or stop coming. Luckily for me Nan is a School Teacher for Year 3's so has an Enhanced Check and she said thats OK and explained that anyone coming more than 3 days a week should have a CRB done.

I have never heard that anyone coming more than 3 days a week should have a CRB check.

I agree with George that any person who isn't CRB'd shouldn't be left alone with the mindees.

It might be easier just to ask the friend not to visit during working hours.

Miffy xx

sarah707
20-07-2008, 07:36 AM
If your friend registers, she will need to think more in more businesslike than friendship terms.

I try and treat childminding like going out to work ...

Sometimes I have a quick gossip with friends around the photocopier (come on here) and sometimes i take a short break (watch the children happily playing and write up my paperwork with a cuppa).

Sometimes I go out (it's good for the children and important for me so I don't get cabin fever), occasionally I have business meetings (a friend calls round maybe once a week), other times I do some essential personal stuff like everyone in an office (ring the bank, load the washer etc).

For the most of my day, however, I am doing the job I am paid to do, which is looking after the children.

I hope it is helpful for her to think of it in those terms. :D

kindredspirits
20-07-2008, 07:37 AM
i don't think asking ofsted would affect your friends registration - we all have questions when we register and ofsted tell us the rules, its only if we then break them that its a prob if you know what i mean.

anna x

emmadines
20-07-2008, 08:00 AM
thanks peeps, i will pass it on. i knew about other ppl who are at the place minding takes place often/regular. but when it comes to she will most likely have a mark against her name "K" (i would have thought) i wasnt to sure weather to tell "X" that supervision would be ok. i will surggest that she rings ofsted to be sure!

thankyou