PDA

View Full Version : In need of advice

rollypolly
20-01-2014, 05:38 PM
I look after a mindee who is 17 months old and have done for 9 months. I noticed that as she gets older, her play has become more aggressive. For example, she shout and smacks the baby dolls, pushes and shoves other children. She is an only child and the other children in my setting are really mild mannered and are very good at sharing. Today, every time I've picked her up, she has smacked me in the face, grits her teeth and shouts at me! I have written it all down but not sure where it's coming from. Have spoken to dad who said 'yes she smacks mummy too!' Not sure what to do now :(

blue bear
20-01-2014, 05:45 PM
She is taking charge, you need to address the behaviour so she knows who is boss. If you have hold of her and she smacks you put her down with a firm no, it works very quickly, they soon cotton on their is a consequence to the action.

Koala
20-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I have a similar situation which tentatively started but I soon addressed it firmly as blue bear says. When I spoke to parents they said the same she does it to them too and almost simultaneously lo smacked daddy in the face - I said "NO!!" and child's name firmly - dad said nothing and looked shocked that I had told her off (he was petrified in case she cried) and I told them I would continue to tell her, just because they havn't got a spine and don't address bad behavior in case lo cries means the child will carry on BUT not in my house. :thumbsup: I am the BOSS!

rollypolly
20-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks, sounds like good advice. I think I will have a chat with mum and dad about the behavior and see if we can all come to an agreement about an action plan. Thanks guys :)