PDA

View Full Version : Another family interested!

Little_Tootsies
20-01-2014, 11:06 AM
HI all I need some advice I have a parent with a baby under one who came to visit me on Saturday and seems really interest to go with me. I have offered her a settling in day next week but she hasn't confirmed which day as of yet.

But I also have a lot of interest from another parent which also has a baby under one and is coming to visit me on Wednesday.

My question is should I let the first parent no that I have interest from another parent as I don't want it to look like I'm being pushy for her little one to come to me. Many thanks in advance :-)

dawn100
20-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Just to clarify has the first person signed a contract and filled out forms? If so why have you got another parent visiting? If not I won't do settling in sessions without all forms completed and a deposit (even though I don't charge for 2 settling in sessions). At the very least you will need permission forms and child record form completed before you can look after this child without mum.
Sorry if I've misunderstood.

hectors house
20-01-2014, 11:41 AM
I would phone the first mum (things can come across wrong - aggressive, pushy in a text), explain that you do need to know if she requires the place, if so can she come back with a deposit and complete all the contracts, permission forms, child record forms etc and then you will be able to cancel the other parent coming to visit. The space is still available until she has paid deposit and signed on the dotted line.

Tazmin68
20-01-2014, 01:42 PM
As another mentioned you cannot really do settling sessions without any paperwork signed and if it is signed you really shouldn't be having another person visit as the place is gone,

Little_Tootsies
20-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Hi sorry I didn't explain the paperwork side very well. I was going to ask mum to fill all of the permission forms/all about me forms etc and do the contract and deposit after the settling in. Is that not the way it is normally done? The lady who done my course explained it this way. Thanks :-)

Mrs Scrubbit
20-01-2014, 04:25 PM
I have aways signed up first, that way I know that I'm not going to be wasting my time settling in a child whose parents then decide to 'walk away' afterwards xx

Little_Tootsies
20-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Hi yes I think I totally agree have just let her no now that everything is signed up before I offer the free settling in period. Will wait and see what happens now. Thanks for you info really helps a newbie like me out. :-)

dawn100
20-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Hi sorry I didn't explain the paperwork side very well. I was going to ask mum to fill all of the permission forms/all about me forms etc and do the contract and deposit after the settling in. Is that not the way it is normally done? The lady who done my course explained it this way. Thanks :-)

There is some information that you have to have before you can care for a child this includes medical info, contact details and permissions to be able to do things like take them out etc.
Also I wouldn't want to offer a free settling session without a contract as otherwise you could offer this and mum walk away having paid you nothing and having got a free 2 hours of childcare.
I'm really surprised you were advised to so the settling in session before paperwork I don't know any cm's who do it that way round.
:)

Little_Tootsies
20-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks dawn. I know after telling a few of my cm friends they were a bit surprised too. I just thought it was the norm. So at least I know now for future reference :-)