PDA

View Full Version : Oh No....please stop me from spending a fortune

JCrakers
20-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Where do people get my address from? Sending me magazines that have hundreds of fantastic products in them........ HELP ME.

I'm trying not to look through it but can see from the front page that there are a lot of amazing things inside.......:panic:

Why are they doing this to me?...I'm going to need a loan of some sort at this rate..and breathe

FloraDora
20-01-2014, 11:08 AM
I know the feeling, I have just had a cosy catalogue.....!

This is my strategic plan..

I have set myself a monthly allowance to spend on resources because I have been spending too much and my profit ( which is my holiday money) is not increasing and I want to visit my DS in South America next year.

I have drawn all over the catalogue, 'buy now', 'save' 'wish' and 'make' because half the stuff I like I or my DH could make for virtually nothing or at a fraction of the price. Lots of page markers now pop out - different colours for each category.

If I see something that is more than my monthly allowance it comes under the ' save' ie save for...

My DH is my live in 'caretaker' ( and cook and cleaner and secretary) so he has a book where I pop in things that need to be done ( ticks H&S ) so at the back it now has a page for things I would like him to make and the catalogue and page number - thinking of cutting out and sticking picture). So far 100% success on his side - as we speak he is making me some 'fairy and elf furniture as I am planning a magical natureland in our stumpery.

Not sure if I will manage my side though as I have already spent January's allowance and am contemplating borrowing a bit of Feb's !! Did think about a 3 month/ 6 month/ annual budget but couldn't trust myself not to spend it all in January and then have to wait a long time.....mmmmm???
The spaceman outfit is almost finished though and that has cost me nothing so that bit is working.

Good luck with the will power dillema, and in those dark moments, know that you are not alone!

sarah707
20-01-2014, 06:18 PM
I gave the catalogues to the children to cut up and make collages! Sorted :laughing:

samb
20-01-2014, 06:28 PM
I know the feeling, I have just had a cosy catalogue.....!

This is my strategic plan..

I have set myself a monthly allowance to spend on resources because I have been spending too much and my profit ( which is my holiday money) is not increasing and I want to visit my DS in South America next year.

I have drawn all over the catalogue, 'buy now', 'save' 'wish' and 'make' because half the stuff I like I or my DH could make for virtually nothing or at a fraction of the price. Lots of page markers now pop out - different colours for each category.

If I see something that is more than my monthly allowance it comes under the ' save' ie save for...

My DH is my live in 'caretaker' ( and cook and cleaner and secretary) so he has a book where I pop in things that need to be done ( ticks H&S ) so at the back it now has a page for things I would like him to make and the catalogue and page number - thinking of cutting out and sticking picture). So far 100% success on his side - as we speak he is making me some 'fairy and elf furniture as I am planning a magical natureland in our stumpery.

Not sure if I will manage my side though as I have already spent January's allowance and am contemplating borrowing a bit of Feb's !! Did think about a 3 month/ 6 month/ annual budget but couldn't trust myself not to spend it all in January and then have to wait a long time.....mmmmm???
The spaceman outfit is almost finished though and that has cost me nothing so that bit is working.

Good luck with the will power dillema, and in those dark moments, know that you are not alone!

Wow that is amazing organisation and what a fab oh you have too!

loocyloo
20-01-2014, 07:33 PM
I gave the catalogues to the children to cut up and make collages! Sorted :laughing:

That's my current response too :-D

desiderata
20-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Flora Dora perhaps your OH could use his talents and make more of the items and sell them to us other Childminders who are not lucky enough to have anyone so clever x

sing-low
25-01-2014, 10:00 AM
I know the feeling, I have just had a cosy catalogue.....! This is my strategic plan.. I have set myself a monthly allowance to spend on resources because I have been spending too much and my profit ( which is my holiday money) is not increasing and I want to visit my DS in South America next year. I have drawn all over the catalogue, 'buy now', 'save' 'wish' and 'make' because half the stuff I like I or my DH could make for virtually nothing or at a fraction of the price. Lots of page markers now pop out - different colours for each category. If I see something that is more than my monthly allowance it comes under the ' save' ie save for... My DH is my live in 'caretaker' ( and cook and cleaner and secretary) so he has a book where I pop in things that need to be done ( ticks H&S ) so at the back it now has a page for things I would like him to make and the catalogue and page number - thinking of cutting out and sticking picture). So far 100% success on his side - as we speak he is making me some 'fairy and elf furniture as I am planning a magical natureland in our stumpery. Not sure if I will manage my side though as I have already spent January's allowance and am contemplating borrowing a bit of Feb's !! Did think about a 3 month/ 6 month/ annual budget but couldn't trust myself not to spend it all in January and then have to wait a long time.....mmmmm??? The spaceman outfit is almost finished though and that has cost me nothing so that bit is working. Good luck with the will power dillema, and in those dark moments, know that you are not alone!
Just got my copy of the Cosy catalogue. Seriously, I could buy EVERYTHING! Not that there'd be any room left in our house or garden for the LOs!!!!!

jackie 7
25-01-2014, 10:22 AM
I keep my catalogs in the loo. That way I have no time to read them! What is the body catalog and do I need it?

tashaleee
25-01-2014, 02:37 PM

I do the same :laughing:

lisbet
25-01-2014, 11:10 PM
I keep my catalogs in the loo. That way I have no time to read them! What is the body catalog and do I need it?

Oh no!! :panic:

I went on training today about budgeting etc and so was thinking that I could google 'cosy catalogue' and remain all restrained and virtuous :littleangel:

But it turns out it's full of loose parts for children to use :jump for joy: I have requested a copy...

clareelizabeth1
26-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Just got my copy of the Cosy catalogue. Seriously, I could buy EVERYTHING! Not that there'd be any room left in our house or garden for the LOs!!!!!

I had never heard of cosy catalogue so ordered one. I now have no money

sing-low
26-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Sounds like we need a new group - over-spenders of The Forum!

maisiemog
26-01-2014, 08:59 AM
I have just ordered a copy as well. Think I'm destined to be poor forever! Oh well. I rather have resources here than the money go to the tax man I think!

LauraS
26-01-2014, 09:56 AM
I need to spend some money on resources in the next couple of months for tax avoidance purposes... (Better that the Los get the benefit than the tax man, right?)

Off to google cosy :)

sing-low
27-01-2014, 08:06 AM
My cosy catalogue has gone missing. Do you suppose my DH has hidden it?!?!

Tazmin68
27-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Like someone else I need to spend so reduce any possible tax bill. So I have just spent £8o plus pounds on baker Ross but I have bought and planned activities for Chinese New Year, valentines day, Mother's Day, Easter , st David's day, st George's day, Father's Day, Halloween, bonfire night and Christmas.

That should shut up the auditor for 2/3/4 funding who is coming out to me as supposed to be depending income on education and learning.

samb
31-01-2014, 03:10 PM
My cosy catalogue came- wow! I wish I didn't have a communal garden!

lisbet
31-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Mine too - wow! :eeeek:

loocyloo
31-01-2014, 04:26 PM
LOL! :D:laughing::D

I have seen lots I want from the cosy catalogue ... do you think they have wondered why they have had a sudden rush on catalogue requests?!

although, looking at it, it has given lots of ideas for using things I already have a different way ( draining board rack for book display etc )

FloraDora
31-01-2014, 04:44 PM
LOL! :D:laughing::D

I have seen lots I want from the cosy catalogue ... do you think they have wondered why they have had a sudden rush on catalogue requests?!

although, looking at it, it has given lots of ideas for using things I already have a different way ( draining board rack for book display etc )

I visited my DS at the weekend who is busy planning his 'escape' to South America for a year .....talked about doing a car boot to get rid of his life so that not everything will be stored at our house-
I put first dabs on the draining rack following a cosy catalogue peruse .....everyone was bemused ...why would I want a wire rack as I have a perfectly good one integral to my sink?! There followed ( alongside a few glasses of red) a night of re using/ upcycling his 'stuff' in a more creative way for CM's ( I did say "no way" to socks as feely bags - not his anyway ) culminating in a plan to advertise his car boot to the local CM network ....so watch out ....in the summer if you live in Brighton and have a thing for car boots- you may come across Cosy inspired creative sales!