PDA

View Full Version : bullying at school

Mrsh3103
19-01-2014, 04:49 PM
If a child I mind is being bullied at school but the school aren't doing anything about it, even after the mum has been in and spoken to them on numerous occasions. Am I able to speak to them? The child is regularly upset when I collect her and talks to me about it, maybe more than to her mum.

Mindee is in year 4 and this has been going on now for about 2 years. Mindee isn't the only child being picked on either!

sarah707
19-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Do you have permission to speak to school from parents? If you do then it shouldn't be a problem...

Hugs to the lo xx

Mrsh3103
19-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Yeh I have permission to speak to them. Just don't know if it will help. One professional to another instead of irate mum (she gets a bit passionate bless her)

watford wizz
19-01-2014, 07:40 PM
I would write to school, log everything then nobody can accuse you of saying something you haven't or later on that you didn't speak up. Get parent to sign it so school can see you have parent permission and give all 3 parties a copy. School needs to have as much detail as possible. Mum could also write then she will have proof of what she has done if she needs to take it further . My son was very badly bullied for years with school fobbing me off until I wrote a dated history of my many meetings/fob offs to the governers . I have also written on behalf of minded children who were being bullied. Putting it in writing seems to get a better reaction and is also a log of what has been said.