PDA

View Full Version : Actives for sen baby

amyp
18-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Have an 8 month old who is developmentally about 4 months- no sitting up or reaching out. Any nice activities for us? He isn't allowed to lie flat or stand straight so no bouncers etc x

MessybutHappy
18-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Shiny paper cut into those bouncy snakes, dark den with lights, bubbles, scarves, pram walks, music/singing with lots of instruments, well they're all the things I did with the last four month old!

QualityCare
19-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Treat him as a 3-4mth old, what advice were parents given when he was diagnosed? if he isn't allowed to lie flat what does he do all day? sit in a bouncy chair? put a play gym in front play with it and encourage him to reach out, does he hold rattles etc? You really need to find out what his expectations are and follow Drs advice.

amyp
19-01-2014, 09:11 PM
He sits in a bouncer or with mum at home. I just want some ideas of activities you might try.

He loves tinsel- must be the sparkles. I tried a runners foil banker but he doesn't like the noise.

Simona
19-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Have an 8 month old who is developmentally about 4 months- no sitting up or reaching out. Any nice activities for us? He isn't allowed to lie flat or stand straight so no bouncers etc x

From what you have posted this child has 'additional needs' in Physical development not SEN as said...unless this child has been diagnose with something very specific which the parents should share with you for best care.

You need to get a good idea from the 'Team around the child' in your LA who are caring for him...that will be the HV, physiotherapist and possibly Occupational therapist on what you need to provide for the child's needs