PDA

View Full Version : Newbie....and looking for some starting up advice!

Lmreid87
18-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Hope I'm posting this in right thread if not I truly apologise!

Basically I want to start my new childminding business.
I have a daughter who is 2 and have been looking at this for a while now but have no clue where to start, what to do etc.....

I have emailed my local council regarding a pre reg session (hope I'm right on that one) and that's all I've done, I am waiting to hear back from them.

Was I right to email my local council (north tyneside) will they able to help me or is there somewhere else I need to be emailing.

Hope someone can help me.

Many thanks x

Rick
18-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Hi and welcome :waving:

Have a look at this thread, it should hopefully answer your questions

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/117176-registering-childminder.html

moggy
18-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Hope I'm posting this in right thread if not I truly apologise!

Basically I want to start my new childminding business.
I have a daughter who is 2 and have been looking at this for a while now but have no clue where to start, what to do etc.....

I have emailed my local council regarding a pre reg session (hope I'm right on that one) and that's all I've done, I am waiting to hear back from them.

Was I right to email my local council (north tyneside) will they able to help me or is there somewhere else I need to be emailing.

Hope someone can help me.

Many thanks x

Yes, your LA is the first port of call. They run the basic free pre-reg introduction course, they decide which qualifications you needs (CYPOP5 or otherwise), they dictate the safeguarding course to do, they might dictate which first aid course supplier to use. They can advise on any local grants or support available. Good luck with it, hope you hear back from them soon.