PDA

View Full Version : what do I do?

Rickers83
17-01-2014, 05:45 PM
I am thinking ahead for a situation which I almost am certain is going to materialise in the next 15 mins.....

asked mum at begining of week if she could make sure lo was collected by 6 today as I have a surprise family party to attend & must be there by 7:30, have also reminded every day since

mums track record of not turning up without notice or Running late' is not good

so when she doesn't turn up at 6 (& from previous experience is uncontactable & arrives at 6:45), do I leave lo downstairs with hubby & daughter so I can get ready (is this allowed), or do I miss the start of the party so we don't spoil the surprise?!

Koala
17-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Ring mum now and ask where she is???? :thumbsup:

Twinkling Stars
17-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Ring her. Its unfair you should miss out!

caz3007
17-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Hope she turned up in time and you enjoy the party. If not hope you left Lo whilst you went and got ready, I would have done if the parent was rude enough not to collect on time

Rickers83
18-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone,
at 6;30 after no contact I did have to go & get ready, mum turned up at 6:55, 5 mins before I had to leave!!!

apparently work only let her go 20 mins early, & she had no phone reception... Hmm

In future if I have plans i will insist on pick up by 5 or in this case I might even close for the afternoon!!

Koala
18-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Thanks everyone,
at 6;30 after no contact I did have to go & get ready, mum turned up at 6:55, 5 mins before I had to leave!!!

apparently work only let her go 20 mins early, & she had no phone reception... Hmm

In future if I have plans i will insist on pick up by 5 or in this case I might even close for the afternoon!!

That's a good idea for this parent, I would have been FUMING!! and no I wouldn't believe that she had no phone reception either :angry: we all get selfish ones now and again and it is such a p' off.

Hope you had a good time after all.

caz3007
18-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I would have been so angry about being treated with such a lack of respect and would definitely be applying late fees. Does the parent need change of hours at least you know where you stand. I am flexible with my parents but they return it when I need it x

The Juggler
18-01-2014, 10:42 AM
OMG! what is her contracted pick up time. If it's 6 then how come her employer wouldn't 'let her go early' surely she is not leaving early if she knows she had to leave in time to collect her LO by 6.

charge her hefty late pick up fees from now on - give her a letter to say so :angry::angry:

I have before taken a little one up with me, put toys on teh floor whilst I do make up etc.

Goatgirl
18-01-2014, 02:18 PM
What a rude woman!
She goes to work, not prison - she should leave at the end of her working day, surely?! If not then she needs to request a change to her childcare hours.
In your position I would be charging in full for the extra time at my late fees rate which is double, plus my standard charge for being late at all, which is £6 on top.
I think you need to have a serious chat about the lateness issue and remind her who is in charge of your business :rolleyes:

Hope the party went well :thumbsup:

shortstuff
18-01-2014, 04:55 PM
I agree. Call a meeting and discuss collection times. If you aren't happy working after 6pm let the parent know. Tell her you will be enforcing the late fees in your contract. Also that those fees will be increasing 4 weeks from now or however long it states in your contract for amendments.

Take control of your business and let her know what you do or dont find acceptable.