PDA

View Full Version : looking for a dark den

vals
17-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Any tips on the best place to get a dark den please?

watford wizz
17-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Currys do brilliant large card board boxes for free if you ask nicely and they fold flat for hiding away x

AgentTink
18-01-2014, 03:36 PM
My little girl got one of these for christmas and it is great as a sensory tent, with lots of toys that light up, and folds away really compact.
Buy Glow Crazy Doodle Dome Kit at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Arts, crafts and creative toys. (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1144219.htm)

loocyloo
18-01-2014, 06:19 PM
My little girl got one of these for christmas and it is great as a sensory tent, with lots of toys that light up, and folds away really compact.
Buy Glow Crazy Doodle Dome Kit at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Arts, crafts and creative toys. (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1144219.htm)

I've lost the tent I use for my dark den and am tempted by this ... But could you get 3 children in it or is it one child at a time? Thanks x

Mouse
18-01-2014, 06:30 PM

I've been looking at these and wondered if they were any good. I have got a dark den, but its' massive & takes a while to set up. I tend to use it more in the garden than indoors.

critch
18-01-2014, 08:45 PM
My kids have an ikea tent that they then drape a thick blanket over, the. They put the age appropriate table where the entrance is and the tuff spot on top then another blanket to extend it, it's pitch black by the time they finish!

blue bear
18-01-2014, 09:03 PM
My dark den was from tts, the children love it but it does take up lots of space and the school children are always screaming in it to scare each other drives me brokers after a week

loocyloo
19-01-2014, 08:39 AM
My kids have an ikea tent that they then drape a thick blanket over, the. They put the age appropriate table where the entrance is and the tuff spot on top then another blanket to extend it, it's pitch black by the time they finish!

That's what I've always used... But I can't find it!

AgentTink
20-01-2014, 02:32 PM
My little girl who is 4 often has her and her 2 friends inside...they dont seem to mind being so close together. For my younger mindees I tend to find that they go in and out of it so never really problem of how many inside :thumbsup:

loocyloo
20-01-2014, 03:53 PM
My little girl who is 4 often has her and her 2 friends inside...they dont seem to mind being so close together. For my younger mindees I tend to find that they go in and out of it so never really problem of how many inside :thumbsup:

Thanks .... Think my 'no new resources' ban may have to be lifted ... But if I'm 'replacing' ....

Tazmin68
20-01-2014, 07:29 PM
If you are going to collect the sainsburys active kids vouchers there is one in their catalogue.