PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP5 task 6

Hd4568
17-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone I am knew to this site, currently doing the online CYPOP5 course and stuck on task 6. It says to do an introductory page but I am struggling to fit all the info onto one page. How long was everyone else's? Also how can I explain about how I'd ensure each child is welcomed? Thanks:)

Mrs Scrubbit
17-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum, I'm afraid I'm an oldie and didn't do this I did an NVQ level 3 in Early Years Care and Education many, many moons ago. Hopefully bumping this up for you will get you some answers from the more recently registered minders on here, xxx

MessybutHappy
17-01-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm not entirely sure either, but welcoming children is, for example, having a space for their belongings, perhaps notices in their own language, having toys out that you think they'll like, that sort of thing.

Good luck!

dawn sweet
22-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Making children feel welcome could also include having time to spend with them at transition and settling in. Ensure that comfort items are accessible, perhaps have photos of the family, pets ets. Provide activities that children are interested in so that they can feel special. Maybe self registration using photographs/name cards that they can hang up when taking off coat and shoes etc. hope this helps!

wee_elf
23-01-2014, 04:58 PM
celebrating their achievements by displaying their work may help? x