PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded ratio question

tori4
16-01-2014, 08:39 PM
I sorry I know this is annoying and I'm pretty sure the answear would be know but would like to hear ur thoughts

So.... Bare with me
Monday I currently have x4 children
X2 2yrs
X2 1yrs

The 2yrs olds are long timers

The 1yrs are 2 of triplets also the younger sibling of a 3yr old I have later in the week and have had since 9mnths - so took triplets on a Monday as continuity of care (same family and multiples) I talked this all through with my CO and happy with the current arrangement.

I have x2 triplets on Mondays so mum can take 3yr old to gym spend quality time with 3yr with only x1 triplet she alternates the triplet - it works and they get on well with the x2 2yrs too.

SOOOooo

X1 of the 2 yr olds in reducing their hours and cancelling Mondays

Can I offer this space to the 3rd triplet? If mum wanted it?

Therefore going back upto x4 ????

In my head I have been working with x4 on a Monday anyway and it works they are gr8 kids.

Oh and they only come between sch hours so no sch runs and it's not a group day although we do use garden/local park etc

What does everyone think?

I'm going to give the 2yrs mum until Easter anyway as she has only reduced hours as work had reduced hers but may go back up.

TIA xT

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2014, 08:45 PM
To me it is still the same family and so continuity and yes you could but I expect there will be differing opinions

charlottenash
16-01-2014, 08:50 PM
In my head straight away I said 'we'll of course, you have 2 triplets so the 3rd would obviously be continuity of care' and then I backtracked and thought if they are alternating it's a hard one, because you always knew you wouldn't have the space.

So to be honest it could be seen either way, therefore it's upto you to choose. You say it currently works well for you, it sounds like you have risk assessed in your head and all is ok, so do the paperwork thoroughly for ofsteds sake and do what is right for the care of the children and your business :) xx

sarah707
19-01-2014, 04:34 PM
How confident are you that you are A. meeting each child's needs B. able to argue it with Ofsted?

It's a difficult one as charlottenash says - Debbie is right it's theoretically continuity of care - but if something goes wrong then Ofsted could say you have taken on too much - so be careful!

Hth :D