PDA

View Full Version : temporary change of contract or holiday?

Rickers83
16-01-2014, 08:15 PM
One of my mums has told me she is going on a course once a week for 5 weeks meaning she starts later, finishes earlier.
do I do a temporary change of contract removing the day... Putting me out of pocket, or can I put it down as a days holiday each week?

Ive got nothing that covers this situation in my contracts/policies

loocyloo
16-01-2014, 08:25 PM
I would make a note of it but change nothing else as I would assume mum is still paying for contracted hours?

moggy
16-01-2014, 08:28 PM
One of my mums has told me she is going on a course once a week for 5 weeks meaning she starts later, finishes earlier.
do I do a temporary change of contract removing the day... Putting me out of pocket, or can I put it down as a days holiday each week?

Ive got nothing that covers this situation in my contracts/policies

In my contract, if parent chooses to not bring child for any reason then still pay full contracted fees.

You can not fill those hours with another child. You are still working and available as per contract to have the child if she wants. She is CHOOSING to drop off late and pick-up early for 5 days, that's her choice and she still pays, in my opinion!

But, you need to check your contract- and maybe amend for future.

Sometimes a parent gets out of work early, or whatever, and picks up early just because they want to and that is great... but they still need to pay as usual!

Simona
16-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Has she given you notice of her change of hours? you are entitled to 4 weeks notice for reduction of hours
Your contract should state that very clearly
What happens when her course finishes? will she want to resume her normal hours?
there is a limit to the flexibility we can offer parents and some, I am afraid to say, do take advantage...CMs are far too flexible compared to other providers
at one point the elasticity will snap!!