PDA

View Full Version : back up childminder

3 little ducks
16-01-2014, 07:45 PM
A friend has just had Mrs o visit, she commented that as we are down as each others back up childminders then we should have contracts and all the other ness paperwork that comes along with each child, this seems a bit daft to us as it is to cover on the odd day if one of us was ill or unable to work, we have emergency contact numbers for each others children if needed. Does anyone else have a back up minder an what do you do about paperwork?

tulip0803
16-01-2014, 08:08 PM
When I have been a back up childminder for another childminder I have done contracts, permissions, child record forms etc for the children. I use an ad-hoc contract That I made. Quite basic Name of child, DOB, address, Ad hoc contract, I get parent to sign to say they understand that I can only offer a space if one is available. Hourly rate, Payment in advance and parent signature for ad-hoc & my signature.

I am in Wales and I have to have contracts though - I know you know the children and have emergency contacts but surely permissions and child record form would be needed by both minders