PDA

View Full Version : Puzzling parent behaviour...

jadavi
15-01-2014, 10:35 PM
I saw one of my very happy settled mindee's parents have looked on childcare.co.uk again .
What makes a parent do that do you think?
Anyone spoken to a parent when they saw they did that? Not sure whether to or not....

shortstuff
15-01-2014, 10:39 PM
It depends how open you can be with the parent. I would probably ask if they were planning to change. It would bug me otherwise x

playdayz
15-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Yeah I would ask too cos it would bug me too

Kiddleywinks
15-01-2014, 11:20 PM
They could have received an email notification so logged on to check it out

If they've not updated their profile recently, a new gold member may have messaged them

k1rstie
15-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Maybe they are looking for a list of manes for a friend?

I personally would not read too much into it!

Linda Mc
16-01-2014, 09:34 AM
That happened to me a few months ago, child had been with me over a year and she was happy and settled, I also had a good relationship with her parents.

I was shocked when I saw that her mum had logged onto Childcare.co.uk recently. After going on and on about it to my poor husband and worrying myself silly, my OH said "Why don't you just ask her?"

Easier said than done but I did pluck up courage and asked mum at pick up time if there was anything she wasn't happy with because I'd seen her on Childcare.co.uk. Turns out that because she hadn't been on the site for over a year she'd received an E Mail from them asking her if she still wanted her profile on etc and she had logged on to reply to it.

Was so pleased I asked! :)

jadavi
18-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Thanks

Yes I finally did ask her and it turned out she'd been looking for a Spanish tutor and thought the two sites were linked !

Maza
18-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Wow! I bet you are so glad you asked!

jadavi
19-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Yeh!

It scared me though as I realised how upset I'd get if mindees left for non routine reasons. I realised I had to develop a thicker skin with this job!

Tazmin68
19-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I would ask also as I had this happen to me. Parent went on the website while I was away I mentioned it to mom who confirmed that they were planning to move away and was looking at what was available for when they moved.