PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Fees

tori4
15-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Im wondering if there is a fair opt for fees?

last yr I changed my fees policy to inc parent holidays charges etc b4 if they didn't come they didn't pay which is how I started but with now several families rather then just one it doesn't = a day off.

so now my holidays/ illness they dnot pay for but any time off on their part normal fees apply.

BUT - Im now feeling guilty parents booking holiday and I feel mean charging normal fee is there a fair opt?

I mainly changes to come in line with other local CMs but Im such a softy at heart. I feel bad charging parents to want to spend time with their own ;-(

shortstuff
16-01-2014, 09:58 AM
it is your business and therefor your decision. Personally i charge if im open and dont if im not.

You could also consider the option of 50% charges for either but put a limit on how many weeks are bookable at this rate?

tulip0803
16-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Think of it this way - they are not paying you for your time but for a booked childcare place, they choose to to use that place but it is still available to use so needs to be paid for. Also if all you families booked the same two weeks holiday you would have no income for 2 weeks through no fault of your own.

appleblossom
16-01-2014, 01:49 PM
it is your business and therefor your decision. Personally i charge if im open and dont if im not.

You could also consider the option of 50% charges for either but put a limit on how many weeks are bookable at this rate?

This is what I do. I offer a maximum of 4 weeks at half rate (for part timers their number of days each week x 4).

Jenna
16-01-2014, 05:33 PM
I don't charge parents anything for my holidays or if I'm ill. How ever I charge full fees for children being ill or on holiday as they'll still want their space when they come back won't they. No ones ever moaned here.