PDA

View Full Version : Milk - can someone explain please?

MrsP2C
15-01-2014, 01:45 PM
I have 2 pre-schoolers 4 days a week who have milk every day at snack time but I've never thought to claim milk :doh:. A couple of questions for those who claim milk:

Who do you use & is it all done online?

Do I have to get individual little cartons or can I just use the same milk as my own children use?

Can I continue using my delivery service (milkandmore)?

Obviously I have family milk included in my delivery - how does it work with invoicing as it just shows 4 pints or semi skimmed & 2 pints of F/Fat delivered 3 times a week?

Is it worth the hassle for what is probably only going to be about 60p a day.

Thanks
MrsP2C

Mouse
15-01-2014, 01:53 PM
I buy the milk myself and claim it back through the Nursery Milk scheme

https://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html

I have my deliver from Milk&More and actually find it easier as I can manage my account online and email copies of invoices in needed (has only been requested once).

You don't have to have individual cartons and can take the milk from your normal family milk. You just work out the price of the amount of milk you use.

It might not seem much each day, but 60p a day could work out at over £100 a year. I only put my claim in every 6 months, so it's a nice little sum to get back :)

Mouse
15-01-2014, 01:54 PM
And I would add, once you've got it up & running online it is all very easy to do :thumbsup:

hectors house
15-01-2014, 02:12 PM
When Scotts milk scheme shut down I contacted the dairy that delivers the milk that we as a family use and they said they did deliver on behalf of Coolmilk and gave me a phone number. That's what I would recommend you do, speak to your current dairy and see if they are linked in with a milk for early years company.

I have my own milk delivered plus extra milk for the mindees, I just have the mindees milk delivered in one pint containers as I found the individual cartons I had through Scotts were a pain - kids squeezed them and milk went everywhere, they didn't want to drink it all in one go and I had to put them back in fridge (where they tipped over).

I just get an e-mail from Coolmilk each Friday, asking me to confirm the amount of milk I have received and the amount of milk they will be claiming (based on number of children attending) - I just have a monthly bill for my own milk, don't have to pay for childminding milk.

Before I started getting milk free I rarely gave the children milk to drink but now they all have a beaker full each morning snack time, or if we are at toddlers at snack time they have milk with their lunch instead.

I know it's supposed to be under 2's have full fat milk and over 2's have semi skimmed (on the milk scheme) but because my milk delivery comes Tues & Fri afternoons and most of my under 2's come on a Monday & Tuesday I was finding that the full fat milk delivered on a Friday was going off before Monday & Tuesday - so now I request all semi skimmed and the parents know this.