PDA

View Full Version : Long one

charlottenash
15-01-2014, 01:00 PM
I am sort of in a predicament.

I have been CMing for a year, I do love it, I love working from home etc but I'm getting to a point where I can't see me doing this forever.

At present I only have one EYFS child. She is 18months.

My partner is in the process of opening another salon and I am considering managing it rather than being others in. It's something I'd love to try,

At the moment it could take anything up to 6 months before it's ready to go, so I'm stuck in between. Money isn't an issue for us luckily, so I'm not concerned financially.

I don't want to take on anymore children knowing I will very likely be quitting soon, I also feel a little disloyal for not telling my current mum the situation, but I don't want to upset the apple cart until I have to.

I fear she is getting a bit confused at why I'm not actively looking for other children.

What would you do? Look for other children knowing you won't be working in 6 months? Keep it as it is and don't tell current mum until necessary or explain to current mum?

smurfette
15-01-2014, 01:16 PM
I am sort of in a predicament. I have been CMing for a year, I do love it, I love working from home etc but I'm getting to a point where I can't see me doing this forever. At present I only have one EYFS child. She is 18months. My partner is in the process of opening another salon and I am considering managing it rather than being others in. It's something I'd love to try, At the moment it could take anything up to 6 months before it's ready to go, so I'm stuck in between. Money isn't an issue for us luckily, so I'm not concerned financially. I don't want to take on anymore children knowing I will very likely be quitting soon, I also feel a little disloyal for not telling my current mum the situation, but I don't want to upset the apple cart until I have to. I fear she is getting a bit confused at why I'm not actively looking for other children. What would you do? Look for other children knowing you won't be working in 6 months? Keep it as it is and don't tell current mum until necessary or explain to current mum?

Has the mum of the one you have now actually asked? Or did you say uou were going to get more kids in?

charlottenash
15-01-2014, 01:56 PM
No she has asked and suggested ways I can advertise

smurfette
15-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Maybe just say you are happy enough with just the one at the moment and make sure mindee gets plenty of company at toddler groups etc?