PDA

View Full Version : Help Voluntary and statutory childcare agencies - Wales

Jenna
15-01-2014, 11:58 AM
My mind is having a total brain freeze and I'm totally stuck. I'm in the middle of writing a piece for my local toddler group board on voluntary and statutory child care agencies and my brain has totally frozen. I've even taken the day off to get this done can someone please shed some light on this I just don't know what to write so much so that I'm even confusing myself between the 2. Thanks

Simona
15-01-2014, 12:38 PM
There are no statutory agencies...they are still being debated in the Lords and in the C&F Bill
Agencies are trialling so they can put together a package of support for those cms who wish to join
Ofsted will then work out a framework for inspection for the agencies
When agencies will be up and running in Sept 2014....we believe?.... it will be OPTIONAL for cms to join

In the meantime with little information coming out it is advisable for cms to stay out of joining one because we have no idea what their charges will be and no idea what they will charge parents either

hope this helps?

manjay
15-01-2014, 12:48 PM
In what context are you writing this Jenna as I am pretty sure you are in Wales! Are you writing about England?

Jenna
15-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Yes I'm in wales Manay I currently help out at our local mother and toddlers group and each person has been given a question to answer mine is what knowledge and understanding do you have of Voluntary and statutory child care agencies in Wales?
I always seem to pick silly things to do.

Simona
15-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Apologies if my reply was not relevant...I had not picked up this was from a Wales point of view!
A question: will there be agencies in Wales? I think not?

sarah707
15-01-2014, 05:58 PM
I have edited the title - hopefully more of our Welsh colleagues will see the thread :D