PDA

View Full Version : meal plans

ja-lula-belli
15-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Hi all.
I was just wondering what you all do as regards to meals.
Do you have a 2 weekly timetables and alternate them or just cook what you feel. Do a rota on a weekly basis?
I'm thinking of changing the way I do mine.

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

Mummits
15-01-2014, 11:05 AM
I don't have a plan. I just cook what I feel like on the day, or sometimes what the children say they fancy.

EmmaReed84
15-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Every Saturday, I sit down with DH and my boys and say what dinners we would like for the following week.

I write them all down, and then arrange them to days, so for a more expensive dinner, I will do on a day with less children, but for something like bolognese, stew, pasta I arrange for days I have a few more children. I also make sure I am doing a dinner I know all the children like, so one mindee hates pasta, so I do not do pasta for Thur or Fri!

I then write the dinners down on a white board which is in my hall way, so parents can see what is on the menu. I do have a 4 week menu in my portfolio, but that is just an example of all the dinners I do, and I stress, that it is not an set menu!

lorettacritchet
15-01-2014, 11:07 AM
I am awful for menu planning. I have menu plans up on the wall but don't necessarily follow them but I do write at the bottom "subject to change". I have quite a few children to feed at different times of the day and do not have time to spend ages in the kitchen making them big and hot meals especially on the days I have those who have dietary requirements. I tend to try and make meals fun but accompanied by something healthy too so it will mostly be off the cuff and my menu plan is more for show :blush:

Hi all.
I was just wondering what you all do as regards to meals.
Do you have a 2 weekly timetables and alternate them or just cook what you feel. Do a rota on a weekly basis?
I'm thinking of changing the way I do mine.

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

ja-lula-belli
15-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Good to know m not the only one then! I tend to cook the evening meals before hand so I only need then to heat it back up.

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

Tinkerbell1979
15-01-2014, 12:43 PM
I have a 3 week menu planner and every few months I do another 3 - sometimes keeping a few fave dishes then adding a few new

Smiley
15-01-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm like Mummits, don't have a plan often decide on the day or night before

AliceK
15-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Every Saturday, I sit down with DH and my boys and say what dinners we would like for the following week.

I write them all down, and then arrange them to days, so for a more expensive dinner, I will do on a day with less children, but for something like bolognese, stew, pasta I arrange for days I have a few more children. I also make sure I am doing a dinner I know all the children like, so one mindee hates pasta, so I do not do pasta for Thur or Fri!

I then write the dinners down on a white board which is in my hall way, so parents can see what is on the menu. I do have a 4 week menu in my portfolio, but that is just an example of all the dinners I do, and I stress, that it is not an set menu!

I do exactly the same. Write it all up on a Fri PM / Sat AM, then do the shopping for the food. I decide with input from my own children based on what children I have on what days.

xxxx

*daisychain*
15-01-2014, 03:02 PM
I have always just planned one week at a time , we have just changed to a four week rota and are on week two , so far so good but it's early days . I just hate spending part of my weekend thinking for inspiration for meal ideas and stressing over it so the rota has hopefully solved this :)