PDA

View Full Version : Should i be concerned

munch149
15-01-2014, 10:04 AM
A child I look after can completely blank you. I don't think he has hearing issue as sometimes he responds but at times particularly at the times when I'm asking him to stop he completely blanks you. I will call his name over and over with nothing not even a look in my direction ( he doesn't know by this point I'm going to say stop but might guess). He is 18 months has some key word language such as doggie, mummy, daddy, hello, yes, bye bye, shoe, ball etc again suggesting he can hear. I just find it a little strange that he doesn't even look at me. Other children might not listen but they would at least look at you and then continue what there doing. Should I be concerned. I'm going to mention it to mum tonight and see if she has any concerns

Mummits
15-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I don't think I would be concerned at that age = sounds pretty normal, especially if he responds more readily some of the time. They can be intensely concentrating on something else or just in a daydream, and are often slow to switch their attention. I would suggest getting right down and close and speaking right in his face iyswim, using his name.

munch149
15-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Cool thanks