PDA

View Full Version : 15hr funding

smythsam
15-01-2014, 09:15 AM
hi all, could someone please confirm the new rules for funding children
i understood that you had to be graded outstanding or good to obtain the funding for children now but my council ( dorset) have said you have to do a senco course and a practical inclusion course to be able to claim funding
whos right ofsted or my council lol ???

sarah707
15-01-2014, 06:07 PM
The DfE have informed LAs that they must not put barriers in the way of childminders who want to access funding.

However, some LAs continue to 'strongly advise' childminders that they have to fill in an audit or create a paper trail or attend a course...

I think, to be honest, you need to look at it as good for your professional development and go if you can. Very few LAs are providing training any more so really you are lucky to be getting something!

Good luck with it all :D

smythsam
15-01-2014, 10:27 PM
The DfE have informed LAs that they must not put barriers in the way of childminders who want to access funding.

However, some LAs continue to 'strongly advise' childminders that they have to fill in an audit or create a paper trail or attend a course...

I think, to be honest, you need to look at it as good for your professional development and go if you can. Very few LAs are providing training any more so really you are lucky to be getting something!

Good luck with it all :D

Thanks for your reply,, will did read what DFE had stated but we are lucky as the SENCO training we were very interested in anyway so that was a bonus.
We are trying to fit in lots of courses to pass the local authority scheme so will just have to find time to fit in a couple more lol.
It must be that different local authorities have different rules