PDA

View Full Version : PE

charlottenash
14-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Twice in one day for reception... Thoughts?

Mouse
14-01-2014, 03:38 PM
I pity the poor teachers and teaching assistants having to get them changed twice. I'm sure one is enough!

charlottenash
14-01-2014, 03:41 PM
I love my son to do PE, an hour a day is fine, 5 days a week, whatever they want but twice a day with a break in between brings on my sons growing pains at night, I'm not sure I can take anymore sleepless nights but I don't want him missing out on PE, I'd rather they did it on 2 different days

charlottenash
14-01-2014, 03:42 PM
And the teachers are getting frustrated with them dressing too.

AliceK
14-01-2014, 03:44 PM
I pity the poor teachers and teaching assistants having to get them changed twice. I'm sure one is enough!
:laughing:
I agree. I had a conversation with my DD's reception teacher last year about this. My DD takes sooooo long to get changed I wonder how teachers manage to get 30 x 4 / 5 yr olds to do it.
My DD now in Yr 1 hasn't done PE yet since Christmas despite this being their second week back at school. They usually do it twice a week. I bet the teachers dread it lol.

xxx

Mouse
14-01-2014, 03:53 PM
I love my son to do PE, an hour a day is fine, 5 days a week, whatever they want but twice a day with a break in between brings on my sons growing pains at night, I'm not sure I can take anymore sleepless nights but I don't want him missing out on PE, I'd rather they did it on 2 different days

HAve you taken him to the GP about it? Can they suggest something?

charlottenash
14-01-2014, 04:28 PM
I took him, they said it was growing pains, aka night time cramp and to continue as I am doing. If it becomes more frequent to go back!

Mouse
14-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Not very helpful then :(

Maza
14-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I've taught in several different schools for years before childminding and I've never heard of this, ever! Was it a 'one off' or do they regularly have it twice in one day?

charlottenash
14-01-2014, 06:33 PM
They have a new teacher this term, so it's been 2 weeks in a row on a Tuesday I'm assuming it will be every week. It's very odd!

The Juggler
14-01-2014, 10:26 PM
maybe just check with her. it might just be down to bad timetabling for the hall use and she has no choice? It might also only be the same as the total of a normal hour lesson - just in two short spurts. I'd just have a word - god she must spend all her time helpign them change :panic::panic: