PDA

View Full Version : Ratio advice please!

Tots to Tens
14-01-2014, 10:16 AM
I currently have my own two children, one who is 17months and the other who will be 4 in February. My 4 year old attends preschool 3 days a week. On these days, I have been asked by two separate families to take their children to the preschool. This would be caring for them for less than an hour. One of these children is 3/4 and the other are twins who will be 3 in May. As this was for such a short amount of time and I wouldn't actually be providing primary care for them, I wondered how ofsted might view this?

FussyElmo
14-01-2014, 10:28 AM
I currently have my own two children, one who is 17months and the other who will be 4 in February. My 4 year old attends preschool 3 days a week. On these days, I have been asked by two separate families to take their children to the preschool. This would be caring for them for less than an hour. One of these children is 3/4 and the other are twins who will be 3 in May. As this was for such a short amount of time and I wouldn't actually be providing primary care for them, I wondered how ofsted might view this?

Unfortunately its a no you only have 1 space so you can only take 1 child on.

tulip0803
14-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Agree with Fussy - When registered you have to follow the ratios at all times whether you are being paid or not or for however short a period of time. You only have one space so could only take on 1 other EY child per day.

loocyloo
14-01-2014, 01:40 PM
If you are doing the school run in your own time, with no minded children present then yes you could. ( outside of your individual working hours you are not bound by ratio. )

But if you are doing it as a childminder or within working hours and you have minded children with you then I'm sorry you need to stay within the terms of your registration which will be 3 under 5 at any one time.