PDA

View Full Version : Ad hoc contract

jackie 7
14-01-2014, 09:05 AM
I have s family starting soon. I will be used for emergency cover such as when train is late. Not for sick children. Does anyone have a contract form for this. I am going to stop getting public liability from pacey as I don't like not bring able to used own contracts. Also going to use baby's day and the have them online but not ready to start with them. Any advice on shat I should put in?

shortstuff
14-01-2014, 09:15 AM
The online system you are planning to use has a contract on it. Have you thought of using that one?

rickysmiths
14-01-2014, 11:05 AM
I would do a full Contract but charge the parents a one off non returnable £30 Registration fee to cover the paperwork and my time.

I would not trust Contracts to be done Online. What happens if the Company goes tits up like another one did a couple of years ago? You will potentially loose all your vital information.

Will online Contracts hold up in Court if needed and will the Online Company back them up for you?

I would want to be very, very sure.

pinkellifun
14-01-2014, 01:49 PM
I use my own contracts, I use exactly the same contracts for all types - I just have boxes to tick to say Term Time Only, School Holidays Only, All Year Round, Adhoc (if space available). That's all I've ever needed.

Simona
15-01-2014, 07:45 AM
I have s family starting soon. I will be used for emergency cover such as when train is late. Not for sick children. Does anyone have a contract form for this. I am going to stop getting public liability from pacey as I don't like not bring able to used own contracts. Also going to use ***** and the have them online but not ready to start with them. Any advice on shat I should put in?

I am a bit unclear as to why you need a contract for 'late pick up' such as when 'train is late'...do a normal contract and cover late pick ups there

The name of where you are thinking of getting your contract is 'starred' out so difficult to advise...is it another association....could you explain or describe what , who it is ....as it is frustrating when we cannot refer because of the starring out

rickysmiths
15-01-2014, 08:41 AM
I am a bit unclear as to why you need a contract for 'late pick up' such as when 'train is late'...do a normal contract and cover late pick ups there

The name of where you are thinking of getting your contract is 'starred' out so difficult to advise...is it another association....could you explain or describe what , who it is ....as it is frustrating when we cannot refer because of the starring out

The company is not another association it is a well known commercial company that offer an online package to childminders so they can do all their basic paperwork, contracts, policies, child's information, learning journals, newsletters, in voices, accounts etc. etc.

I must say it would not be my choice how do you share an online LJ with a 2 year old with the same feeling as sitting and going through a book? Also in the light of what happened to a similar company a couple of years ago when it went down the tubes and cms lost all their information and in a lot of cases I believe never got it back. I would be afraid of who had all that personal information now because it is still out there and who might gain access to it in the future?

Still that is just my own view and my choice to have no personal information whatsoever about my minded children on my computer. All I have is unlabeled photographs.

jackie 7
15-01-2014, 08:51 AM
The client wants to have someone collect from a local nursery her children attend. I do wish she had come to me full time but didn't. So she wanted a local person who could collect in case of emergency. She knows I won't collect sick children. I will do a normal contract. Thanks.

Simona
15-01-2014, 10:20 AM
The company is not another association it is a well known commercial company that offer an online package to childminders so they can do all their basic paperwork, contracts, policies, child's information, learning journals, newsletters, in voices, accounts etc. etc.

I must say it would not be my choice how do you share an online LJ with a 2 year old with the same feeling as sitting and going through a book? Also in the light of what happened to a similar company a couple of years ago when it went down the tubes and cms lost all their information and in a lot of cases I believe never got it back. I would be afraid of who had all that personal information now because it is still out there and who might gain access to it in the future?

Still that is just my own view and my choice to have no personal information whatsoever about my minded children on my computer. All I have is unlabeled photographs.

Apart from pacey and PLA there 2 others: UK Childminding Association and Independent Chilminders Social Enterprise
I am sure they both have online paperwork but I also think it can be accessed only if we are members...am I right?

It is so frustrating we are not allowed to compare and have to go round in circles trying to identify who they are and avoid the *stars*