PDA

View Full Version : I little bit of advice plz about ratios

lady luck
13-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi I've just had an enquiry for twin age 20months for a full day on a Monday. I already have my own little girl who is 3 yrs old and I'm expecting a baby in July. In these circumstances would I be allowed to take on the twins knowing that I will be over my ratios in July when baby arrives or would it count as continuity of care. I don't want to get into trouble with ofsted before I begin.

blue bear
13-01-2014, 09:41 PM
I'd say that would count as continuity of care as both sets of children are siblings, but then it's up to the individual ofsted inspector to make the call not me.

sing-low
13-01-2014, 09:59 PM
I'd say that it was new business that would put you over your numbers. From July, when your baby is born, you only have one space and you know that now. It's not like you take on the twins and then discover that you're pregnant.

Koala
13-01-2014, 10:11 PM
You can only count children that are there or here in this case - you don't have to count the one in your belly :D yet.

If you think you can cope - go for it - in july they will all be a 6 months older when bubba comes. We all have to make a living and expecting you to count your unborn child in your numbers is wrong this is one of the beauties of variances under continuity of care and one of the reasons for it.

Happy pregnancy :clapping: :clapping:

sing-low
14-01-2014, 09:33 AM
You can only count children that are there or here in this case - you don't have to count the one in your belly :D yet. If you think you can cope - go for it - in july they will all be a 6 months older when bubba comes. We all have to make a living and expecting you to count your unborn child in your numbers is wrong this is one of the beauties of variances under continuity of care and one of the reasons for it. Happy pregnancy :clapping: :clapping:
Oh that's interesting, I didn't know that!

sarah707
14-01-2014, 07:49 PM
I advise caution... first of all 3 little ones will be very hard work when you are pregnant.

Second, you are knowingly putting yourself over numbers which some inspectors might not think is an 'exceptional circumstance' which warrants a variation.

Remember the wording of the Eyfs and further advice we have been given - variations in exceptional circumstances for continuity of care - not for new business or to earn a bit extra money.

Sorry x

lady luck
15-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Thank you for your reply's I think that I would better to be safe than sorry and have to turn this family away. It's a shame really but don't want to risk going over my numbers. X