PDA

View Full Version : parent holidays

Mrsh3103
13-01-2014, 11:15 AM
I want to make a parent holiday booking form but don't really know where to start. Firstly I don't want to call it a booking form! I find the term too formal and that doesn't really suit me or my setting!
Any help would be greatly appreciated :) :)

rickysmiths
13-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Is there any reason why you need one? I have never had one, I don't care when my parents take their holidays or how much because they pay me full rates if they are away. They only pay half fee if they go away when I am away.

Mrsh3103
13-01-2014, 11:29 AM
I charge half fees for theirs unless they give less than 4 weeks notice then it's full fees.
I had a situation just befpre christmas where a parents said they had told me about their holiday but theu definitely didn't. I just want something in place that we both sign so I have proof if that happens again!

rickysmiths
13-01-2014, 11:34 AM
I couldn't afford to not charge for parents holidays and I wouldn't have the time or patience to deal with them arguing if they had booked on time or not.

I can't see any way other than to have a Booking Form and a Policy that you do not recognise any of their holiday as booked until you are given a Booking form signed and dated by them and then signed and dated by you as accepted.

unalindura77
13-01-2014, 11:36 AM
I charge half fees for theirs unless they give less than 4 weeks notice then it's full fees.
I had a situation just befpre christmas where a parents said they had told me about their holiday but theu definitely didn't. I just want something in place that we both sign so I have proof if that happens again!

I think it's wise as I too had a situation where a parent was saying they were going on holiday but 'might' need me on x days which was awful as I couldn't make plans and didn't have the guts to confront them about the 4 weeks notice so I have just made one this week, I will be giving them out where it states clearly '4 weeks notice required'

It's a rubbishey one but lets them know this is a business and if you book your hols you book them and that's that.

hectors house
13-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Just had a parent arrive this morning saying she was giving me 4 weeks notice that children wouldn't be coming half term week as they want to save some money (dad is a teacher), I did remind her that it is half fee for only 4 weeks a year and then full fee and that my year runs from Jan - Dec. Yes I know it is expensive for 2 children but the eldest is only with me one day a week and the baby for 2 days, the eldest is at nursery for 1 1/2 days and gran looks after the baby one day a week.

I swear that when I next have vacancies and have enquiries for them, I will borrow Wibble's hairy ones and change my policies to full fee for parents holidays as by the time I have taken my holiday (no charge to parents), bank holidays (no charge to parents) and they have 4 weeks at half fee, it has a serious impact on my income.

unalindura77
13-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Just had a parent arrive this morning saying she was giving me 4 weeks notice that children wouldn't be coming half term week as they want to save some money (dad is a teacher), I did remind her that it is half fee for only 4 weeks a year and then full fee and that my year runs from Jan - Dec. Yes I know it is expensive for 2 children but the eldest is only with me one day a week and the baby for 2 days, the eldest is at nursery for 1 1/2 days and gran looks after the baby one day a week.

I swear that when I next have vacancies and have enquiries for them, I will borrow Wibble's hairy ones and change my policies to full fee for parents holidays as by the time I have taken my holiday (no charge to parents), bank holidays (no charge to parents) and they have 4 weeks at half fee, it has a serious impact on my income.

Definitely.....good idea!

sing-low
13-01-2014, 07:33 PM
I want to make a parent holiday booking form but don't really know where to start. Firstly I don't want to call it a booking form! I find the term too formal and that doesn't really suit me or my setting! Any help would be greatly appreciated :) :)
Advance holiday notice form/holiday planning form? Although if that's too formal why not a sheet that simply says
Today's date:
Child's name:
First day of holiday:
Last day of holiday:
CM signature:
Parent signature:
Then fill it in and get parent to sign.

dawn100
14-01-2014, 12:24 AM
I want to make a parent holiday booking form but don't really know where to start. Firstly I don't want to call it a booking form! I find the term too formal and that doesn't really suit me or my setting!
Any help would be greatly appreciated :) :)

I know you say you don't want to call it a booking form because you feel that is too formal but the reason you want one is because of parents saying they have told you when they haven't (the verbal informal approach) so I would say for that reason you should call it a booking form and make it a formal thing as if you don't make it sound too formal parents might not take much notice of it or think that they really have to fill it in. That's just my opinion :)

Elkie Mawdsley
14-01-2014, 03:04 PM
How about calling it a holiday notification form?

You should probably include a section which confirms if the holiday period will be chargeable or not too to avoid 'confusion' at a later date.

I'm not registered yet, but finding this forum very useful :)