PDA

View Full Version : meal expenses

ja-lula-belli
12-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi I currently add up all the individual ingredients cost total it divide it by x amount of people etc I noticed before some of you just had a set amount and put that through your expenses. What are they?

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

Chatterbox Childcare
12-01-2014, 12:36 PM
I take my receipt which is food and divide by the number of family and mindees to get at "per head" figure and then multiply it by the number of mindees. If you have the same numbers calculate it monthly/3 monthly/yearly.

Others work out a price per meal based on their receipts and allocate this to all meals for the mindees, Only problem with this is that food goes up and unless you do it regularly you could lose out.

pinkellifun
12-01-2014, 02:28 PM
I have a four week rotating menu. I use my receipts and work out how much the ingredients cost then divide it by the number of people it feeds. I then average out the cost for the whole four weeks and use that in my calculations at the end of every month. Every 3-4 months I will redo the calculations. I have a spreadsheet with the food listed and I just have to change the price of the food and it works it out again for me. Doesn't take too long once you get it all set up.

:)