PDA

View Full Version : Claiming milk

funemnx
11-01-2014, 05:05 PM
I've been claiming milk through nursery.co.uk for years and have the milk delivered by my local milkman which has been great - milk always on the doorstep in all weathers so no trudging children to the local shop to buy it. Unfortunately, over the last 4 months nurserymilk have questioned the cost of the milk and I've had to e-mail them my invoices which is a pain. Today I cancelled the milkman delivery contract due to the high cost of the milk delivered (0.76 per pint). Such a shame to have to do this because I felt I was supporting a local business....

Supermarket milk is a fraction of the cost of delivered milk so it makes sense but I feel I've let down the milkman and once again supermarkets have won. Do you have your milk delivered? Any issues with the cost?

Mouse
11-01-2014, 05:21 PM
I'v just done the same. I was having the mini cartons of milk from the milkman at 29p each. I had to email NMRU a couple of the invoices to show the price I was paying.
When I did my last claim I noticed that one of the conditions is that you buy the milk at the best price. The cartons have gone up to 31p (93p a pint), so I can't justify paying that for 1/3 pint when I can pay £1 for 4 pints in the supermarket.

It's a shame really & I do feel bad that the milkman has lost his little bit of business from me.

chriss
11-01-2014, 06:35 PM
How do I go about claiming milk, and is it free or do we get some sort of discount ? I dont know how it works, Oh and what hours/children do we have to have to claim ? Thanks

tulip0803
11-01-2014, 06:41 PM
How do I go about claiming milk, and is it free or do we get some sort of discount ? I dont know how it works, Oh and what hours/children do we have to have to claim ? Thanks

I claim through Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk) Each day you can claim 1/3 pint of milk for every mindee under 5 years that is with you for more than 2 hours . You can also claim certain types of powdered milk for babies under 1 year.

You can claim monthly. You keep the receipt work out how much milk you have used x children x days and you are reimbursed into your bank. I do it at the end of each month other people claim once or twice a year.

I buy the milk with my weekly shop

chriss
11-01-2014, 07:04 PM
thanks will take a look. Every little help lol

moggy
11-01-2014, 09:10 PM
I've been claiming milk through nursery.co.uk for years and have the milk delivered by my local milkman which has been great - milk always on the doorstep in all weathers so no trudging children to the local shop to buy it. Unfortunately, over the last 4 months nurserymilk have questioned the cost of the milk and I've had to e-mail them my invoices which is a pain. Today I cancelled the milkman delivery contract due to the high cost of the milk delivered (0.76 per pint). Such a shame to have to do this because I felt I was supporting a local business....

Supermarket milk is a fraction of the cost of delivered milk so it makes sense but I feel I've let down the milkman and once again supermarkets have won. Do you have your milk delivered? Any issues with the cost?

Ah, I will keep an eye on this... Nursery Milk refund me 89p per pint of milkman-organic-full-fat-milk. Invoices have been emailed and so far approved. I did see an automatic message last time about possible checking of receipts/invoices for milk but as I have sent them in before and had them approved I thought I was OK. I really want to support my milkman and will keep my fingers crossed I can continue to do so.

maisiemog
12-01-2014, 10:15 AM
We have our milk delivered by the milkman. I wouldn't stop him. I feel I'm supporting a local business and I love the milk always being there. I must admit I've never claimed for the milk although if I suddenly had loads of little ones I might start.

Simona
12-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Claiming milk is still on but it the govt who wants us to buy at the 'lowest' price...so the WRFU tells us.

If you buy milk from the milkman and it is at a higher price all you have to do is send in the invoices...so far I have been refunded
It is added paperwork...to avoid having too many receipts ask the milkman for a monthly invoice rather than a weekly one...photocopy it and then send them all in

Mouse
12-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Claiming milk is still on but it the govt who wants us to buy at the 'lowest' price...so the WRFU tells us.

If you buy milk from the milkman and it is at a higher price all you have to do is send in the invoices...so far I have been refunded
It is added paperwork...to avoid having too many receipts ask the milkman for a monthly invoice rather than a weekly one...photocopy it and then send them all in

I do mine all online, so all I needed to do was email the invoices. I did it for a few months, but they don't ask now.

I do think it's right that they check the claims. This is why the scheme was in danger of being withdrawn as some agents were charging huge amounts for the milk they provided. There was never a check on the amounts and it was paid out without question.
I'm hoping they will let us carry on using the local milkman, but if they say we have to source the best price possible, then that has to be the supermarket.

moggy
12-01-2014, 02:11 PM

My milkman account is all online, milkandmore is the supplier.
So invoices I see online and download pdf to email to NurseryMilk, very easy.
They have only asked me twice in nearly a year to send in proof of milk price.

Simona
12-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Isn't it great that we want to support our milkman as a small business? I feel like that too...there is something about getting that milk delivered on your doorstep that is quite unique.

Shame the govt has no clue about how small businesses need to be encouraged to stay sustainable...they would rather see a milkman go bust and we run to supermarkets, who already make huge profits on food, to save a few pence!!!