PDA

View Full Version : Well thats ruined my weekend!!

Cassie
10-01-2014, 10:15 PM
6.15 this evening call from Prospects...my Ofsted visit is sometime next week.5 years since my last one and kind of prepared but still feeling sick!! I will no doubt be asking loads of questions over the weekend,and hopefully you, my wonderful workmates can share your advice and words of wisdom!!:clapping:Not sure where to start......:panic:

blue bear
10-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Oh where are you? my five years were up yesterday, dreading the call but wanting it over with at the same time.

k-tots
10-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Omg they rang that late....worried now

Cassie
10-01-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm in West Mids,Wolverhampton.

dawn100
11-01-2014, 12:30 AM
I went to an evening this week about the new ofsted inspections so will pass on what we were told, the big focus is meant to be on working in partnership with parents and getting starting points from day one from parents and school readiness, apparently lots of children are arriving at school unable to do things like go to the toilet themselves, dress themselves etc so ofsted are looking at what we are doing to ensure children are school ready. Apparently they will pick two children and want to look at their lj's and will follow them through their visit.
Hope that is of some help

loocyloo
11-01-2014, 08:42 AM
I went to an evening this week about the new ofsted inspections so will pass on what we were told, the big focus is meant to be on working in partnership with parents and getting starting points from day one from parents and school readiness, apparently lots of children are arriving at school unable to do things like go to the toilet themselves, dress themselves etc so ofsted are looking at what we are doing to ensure children are school ready. Apparently they will pick two children and want to look at their lj's and will follow them through their visit.
Hope that is of some help

But I bet the children that go to school unable to do anything for themselves will NOT have been to a childminder or nursery! Why penalise us because of poor parenting! makes me cross. They will be wanting to inspect parents next!

funemnx
11-01-2014, 09:21 AM
My 5 years is up this month too so feeling your anxiety! I'm sure all will be well, sending good luck vibes... :thumbsup:

dawn100
11-01-2014, 10:27 AM
But I bet the children that go to school unable to do anything for themselves will NOT have been to a childminder or nursery! Why penalise us because of poor parenting! makes me cross. They will be wanting to inspect parents next!

You are probably right and that was even what they said to us that its all the stuff we would be doing anyway but told us to just sell it to ofsted and make sure you make the most of every opportunity to show how you are helping children to be school ready. They said it was just small things like a cm was questioned why children were drinking from baby cups, so they said to us yes most of the time you might want to use them to avoid spills but when up to the table use an open top cup, another let them have their own spoon to feed themselves its all the little things that are apparently making the difference.