PDA

View Full Version : saturday?

ja-lula-belli
10-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Hi all I have just had an enquiry for a child full day care on a Saturday. How many of you work weekends?

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

shortstuff
10-01-2014, 07:48 PM
I dont and I just had an enquiry for both Saturday and Sunday. I very politely said they are family days. Ds is 7 and still needs time where mummy doesn't have to consider others in addition to his needs.

rickysmiths
10-01-2014, 08:20 PM
I have done in the last two years but my children are grown up. It was hard work and I wouldn't want to do it all the time.

cathtee
10-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't even though my family are grown up, I have to have some sanity days :)

bunyip
10-01-2014, 08:57 PM
I do occasional weekends ad hoc and as cover for another CM.

I wouldn't be at all precious about Saturdays/Sundays. They're just another day, and a lot of people have to work them. But I'm not sure I'd want to work a 6 day week or longer.

The real problem is that it's so hard to get enough children in on Saturday/Sunday to make it financially viable. :(

watford wizz
10-01-2014, 09:06 PM
I work every other week end at moment but take a Wednesday as my day off, do extra week end work if needed.

JoRo163
10-01-2014, 10:27 PM
I would consider it if I had little other work at the time. I have had weekend enquiries but have turned them down as I'm pretty full and need my weekends as family time.

I have very occasionally offered weekend care for existing families as emergency cover but I wouldn't want to do it every week!!

ja-lula-belli
11-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Thanks all I was fine about it until my husband showed hesitance toward the idea. I think I'm going to do it as I have 4 under 8s of my own and can only have 2 at the moment anyway so it's a good source if income for me. I'm a little sad to take away a Saturday 'family day' but as previously said it's just another working day and I have Sunday off and at the moment a Wednesday as it's my children's club night (dancing, tae khon do etc,)
I suppose at the moment with the small about of children I am allowed it's the more practical thing to do plus the little girl it is is so sweet and gets on really well with my little ones so it won't be a problem.

jackie 7
11-01-2014, 09:29 AM
I do occasional care at weekends. But I charge more. Working Sunday as parents just had a new baby. Has to bd worthy time.

ja-lula-belli
11-01-2014, 09:36 AM
I do occasional care at weekends. But I charge more. Working Sunday as parents just had a new baby. Has to bd worthy time.

Absolutely agree I charge 50p more per hour for Saturday. I think I won't offer Sundays keep it as a family day off.

tulip0803
11-01-2014, 04:22 PM
I have worked Saturdays for the last 4 years. I normally have one (same one for 4 years) I have an ad-hoc who I sometimes have and have had other ad-hocs before.

I also charge an increased rate for Saturdays