PDA

View Full Version : Co Childminder

christine e
10-01-2014, 12:32 PM
A friend of mine (not me) currently has a self employed assistant but is thinking of suggesting assistant becomes a Childminder but is unsure about how to sort of the payment side of things. My friend will be paying all the bills and they will be using her house. I suggested that they see what profit they are left with at the end of each month and then agree a % split. Really want to help her on this and would welcome your thoughts

Blueeyedminder
10-01-2014, 04:07 PM
I'm self employed working along side another childminder in her home. We're allowed up to six children between us so we have three each. Our finances are completely separate, I pay her £40 a month towards electric, rent etc. It works really well x

christine e
10-01-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm self employed working along side another childminder in her home. We're allowed up to six children between us so we have three each. Our finances are completely separate, I pay her £40 a month towards electric, rent etc. It works really well x

thank you for replying I will pass that on to my friend:thumbsup:

chriss
10-01-2014, 06:26 PM

how did you come up with figure of £40 please ? Any other business type advice lol

Blueeyedminder
10-01-2014, 07:28 PM
how did you come up with figure of £40 please ? Any other business type advice lol

Well tbh the woman I work with is lovely and has a heart of gold, she isn't out to make a profit on me! I've been very lucky :)