PDA

View Full Version : Early years entitlement 2/3/4 year funding audit

Tazmin68
10-01-2014, 12:24 PM
I care for children under the 2/3 and 4 year funding. For the first time ever I have had a call to say that I am having an audit visit. Never had one before can anyone give me any tips. What do they need to look at.

Regards

Deb

Simona
10-01-2014, 12:39 PM
I care for children under the 2/3 and 4 year funding. For the first time ever I have had a call to say that I am having an audit visit. Never had one before can anyone give me any tips. What do they need to look at.

Regards

Deb

Many LAs carry out an audit for providers who receive funding
All they should be looking for is that you have all the documentation in place, you are using the funding appropriately by not charging for the 15 hrs of 'free entitlement', some may want to see how you invoice parents and clearly stating the 15 hrs are free.

That is what an audit is about...they should not audit your business just the funding side of things ...there may be variations from LA to LA but it should be fairly simple and focussed on the funded children

Simona
10-01-2014, 12:59 PM
This is another reason LAs audit providers: to ensure the funding claimed goes to children on roll.
This case is extreme but LAs have to ensure public money is spent appropriately

Nursery owner guilty of nursery education funding fraud | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1141436/nursery-owner-guilty-fraudulent-claims-nursery-education-funding?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Simona
13-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I have just received my NWorld and there over 2 pages is an article about funding and CMs who appear will be unable to claim in future.

have not read it very well as yet but it mentions that pacey sent an email to CMs so it looks this issue has been going around for a while but I only came across it recently.

I am surprised at this decision because cMs' own children are included in the ration so why are they not able to claim for the education is baffling.

jackie 7
13-01-2014, 04:11 PM
I can't find out where to buy a copy around me. Don't want to pay for it this month. Hope it appears somewhere I can read it.

Simona
13-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Here it is
Childminders raise questions over funding for care of a related child | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1141451/childminders-raise-questions-funding-care-related-child)