PDA

View Full Version : just being nosey! who minds and workd outside of home

lavenderrose
19-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Just a nosey question really, on the back of other people saying that they are lonley childminding. I just wondered who Childmind's and does another job as well.
I will start looking after my Grandson on the 6th August, but that is only for three days a week, at the moment i work for a teaching agency doing nursery nurse and TA work. But i am considering a bit of Maternity Nanny work to fill in or maybe going full time childminding. Havent decided yet, no rush;)

FizzysFriends
19-07-2008, 08:03 AM
I work in an office 3 days a week and will childmind 3 days and everyday after school as I finish work at 3pm

tortoise
19-07-2008, 08:34 AM
I childmind full time and have done since my first daughter was born in 1998, she was 3 months old when I had my first children to mind. They were only after school 4 days a week, but have gradually increased to full time over the years.

Angela234
19-07-2008, 09:01 AM
I strated 5 years ago to look after my grandchildren after 1 month had another little boy 2 days a week and within 6 months minded full time. I thought i would miss adult company prior to minding i had 2 jobs working in a very friendly small cafe until 3pm then went up to the local school cleaning. It did take a little bit of getting used to being at home i do get out everyday either bus or walking.
I do enjoy my job just wish i had more free time at weekends without having to catch up on housework/garden and minding things

Angela

littletreasures
19-07-2008, 09:02 AM
I've done minding full time since my eldest was 1, thats 18 years ago.

I have been really lucky and have only had to advertise once during that time and have mainly had teacher's children so have the holidays for my kids. I only had to work during the holidays for a couple of years and that wasn't full time either.

littletreasures

mrsb
19-07-2008, 10:43 AM
I work at a pre school 4 mornings a week and child mind 3 days a week, my 2 mindees have a place at the pre school as well so works out fab :D