PDA

View Full Version : How many 8 -11s?

donnasimone
10-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Hi I am in the process of registering with Ofsted, on the application it asks how many you intend to mind - Im clear on under 8s but it asks about 8-11s and I have not been told a limit? Can someone help please!!

Donna

cathtee
10-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Hi Morten Michel only insure childminders for up to 11 children so if you have your full eyfs 6 then you will only be able to have 5, hope this helps

moggy
10-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Hi I am in the process of registering with Ofsted, on the application it asks how many you intend to mind - Im clear on under 8s but it asks about 8-11s and I have not been told a limit? Can someone help please!!

Donna

There is no 'maximum' number but your insurance (PLI) will give a total max children (often 10, including EYFS children) and you need to make sure older ones do not impact negatively on EYFS children. If you are planning 3 EYFS children than 'up to 7' would be a sensible thing to write for the 'over 8s' and it doesn't matter if you never have that many, it is just to give Ofsted an idea of your plans. But, if you have a smaller house, or if you have no plans to ever have that many, then just write 2, 3, 4 or whatever you feel you might want in future.

Simona
10-01-2014, 12:45 PM

Donna

Until recently when I renewed my PLI the maximum number was 12...this is so with PLA, pacey and also MMichel who I contacted for a quote

You do not have to take 12 but it is covered in case you decide you can cater for the number and following the EYFS guidance that the care of older children will not affect that of the younger ones.
Some associations also offer the Employers Liability for free...PLA does for sure...others may charge

It is probably worth calling them and get advice as you are starting.