PDA

View Full Version : Oh, How I wish .............

littletreasures
10-01-2014, 08:52 AM
I could go to the loo in peace!!!!

My screamer screams and cries if I try to nip to the loo. I have to take her and sit with the door open otherwise she'll really go for it!!!

Blueeyedminder
10-01-2014, 09:26 AM
If she's safe and secure, then just leave her to it otherwise you'll never get any peace.. You're not in the toilet for long so crying for a couple of minutes is just something they need to get over x

mrstom
10-01-2014, 09:31 AM
I get banging on the door from the same child every time... 'Mrstom, what you doing, me come watch'

Ermmmm, I think not!

KatieFS
10-01-2014, 02:03 PM
I still get screaming from a 2 yo when I leave the room. She has been like this since she has been a baby and it can be difficult, like you say just having a quick wee while they are playing with something... Nope. She gets anxious on her own..

I admit I tell her where I'm going and make sure she is safe and occupied then I go.
I've started saying to her now when she gets upset there is nothing to be sad about, I'm here you don't need to worry now let's play with xx

KatieFS
10-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Mrstom ha ha brilliant!!!

ziggy
10-01-2014, 05:08 PM
I had new one here for settling in session yesterday and sat with her on my knee playing for most of the day, in the end I just had to leave her to go to loo.

Toilet is in sight of playroom and kitchen so i just went (and closed the door)

The Juggler
10-01-2014, 07:03 PM
things not improving with LO then???

littletreasures
10-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Juggler, she has been slightly better. Monday and Tuesday were really bad. I was within an inch of giving notice on Tuesday night, but didn't.

I did speak to another mum who lo's mum is best friends with. I just asked her if M had said anything to her about lo crying so much. She said Mum is just hoping it will get better and is terrified I'm going to give her notice.

Wednesday crying and screaming was bad in the morning. Went to toddler group and unbelievably she wandered away from me. My friends and I were all flabbergasted. She still cries when I walk out the room, but it doesn't seem to be such a panicked cry. I am firm with her and tell her "No, stop crying" and she does.

Yesterday was the same and today it was just her so she was fine most of the day, except when I went to leave the room. I just take her with me and tell her to stop crying. I can't shut the toilet door, but do get her to play with toys with her back to me and she is better.

Mum is taking her to see a cranial osteopath tomorrow and she has a pediatrician appointment next week so we will see what happens.

The Juggler
11-01-2014, 01:55 PM
ooh maybe she has turned a corner hon. I've had 3 screamers and all of them began to be happy to go away from me but still panicked if I left them or moved away. So if they went off I'd remain exactly where i was to give the confidence I'd still be there when they looked round.

It worked eventually though I have worked out that usually screamers grow up not to be the slightly more insecure children as you'd expect but the more demanding ones - lol!

x