PDA

View Full Version : Water on demand

FloraDora
09-01-2014, 08:37 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006675TL6/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As a relatively new childminder I have been mulling over how I fulfil the availability of water at any time dilemma.

I purchased this in the sale ( unfortunately now ended) and used it this week ....brilliant - the LO's can press the tap and when you take your finger off it stops ( just like wine boxes!) so easy to use and not too messy. The button you press is a little stiff which is good because my LO's got fed up of holding it so didn't over fill, I expect this won't last though!

It is apparently a 'trendy' design which I was totally unaware of ..but being a monkey ...there are lots of personalisation that you can put in place ..he is called Julius so I popped my Aldi special £2.99 monkey puppet next to it on a low waterproof table and introduced 'Julius' ( with a 'J' embroidered on his chest) with a little book about why he thinks we should drink water and lots of pics of the puppet drinking water and how great he feels. I have stuck a Julius pic on Ikea plastic mugs and my DH has glass etched a couple of our small breakfast glasses with a monkey shape as I like the LO's to use glass and ceramic stuff - not a big plastic fan, in anticipation that they would want to play with it rather than use it as a drinking water dispenser...it worked... They loved it, my LO who doesn't drink a lot, drank all day.

Early days ...but thought I would share.

Emra81
09-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Oh wow, he's fab! And the puppet and story are a great idea to help sell it to the children...long may it continue to be successful!

mrstom
10-01-2014, 06:42 AM
That's a really nice idea!

I've been pondering about water consumption lately too. In the past I've always left out sippy cups/sports bottles for the children to use but now they're getting older they're starting to use open cups at meal times. I'd like to get to the stage where they can learn to pour from their own jug. I still have a baby who uses a sippy cup so leaving jugs/cups out on our drinks table isn't an option!

Tazmin68
10-01-2014, 07:35 AM
I'll keep en eye on it and if it comes up on offer I will get one. I will hold fire until march and if no change in price get it them as it looks like I'm going to have to pay tax this year!!!!