PDA

View Full Version : Does shared care work?

smurfette
09-01-2014, 02:03 PM
I see a lot of threads about minders whose
Mindees go to nursery some days a week or another minder, I have no experience of this but have had an enquiry today from a lady who wants care for two little ones full time, I told her I can only do Mondays and I have Fridays available Til may.. She still wants to meet me, says maybe she can work something out other days .. Doesn't sound like its family help which I do have experience of, most of my other ones go to grandparents other days as no one wants to pay full time if they can help it and who can blame them? Whilst there is plenty of work for me around here I feel it is because I am registered and take the Los out and about, and there are a lot of unregistered minders who don't advertise at least to do that so I think that's why I get the enquiries. She wants to meet me tonight , and after being let down by a no show on Sunday I am not overly keen on putting a lot of effort into cleaning house, etc if it's not viable? Thoughts?

smurfette
09-01-2014, 02:03 PM
I see a lot of threads about minders whose Mindees go to nursery some days a week or another minder, I have no experience of this but have had an enquiry today from a lady who wants care for two little ones full time, I told her I can only do Mondays and I have Fridays available Til may.. She still wants to meet me, says maybe she can work something out other days .. Doesn't sound like its family help which I do have experience of, most of my other ones go to grandparents other days as no one wants to pay full time if they can help it and who can blame them? Whilst there is plenty of work for me around here I feel it is because I am registered and take the Los out and about, and there are a lot of unregistered minders who don't advertise at least to do that so I think that's why I get the enquiries. She wants to meet me tonight , and after being let down by a no show on Sunday I am not overly keen on putting a lot of effort into cleaning house, etc if it's not viable? Thoughts?

Surely if she can get someone full time she would be better off?

tulip0803
09-01-2014, 02:14 PM
I have done shared care of 3 different children with 2 different childminders. Both childminders I know and we regularly spoke about what we were doing and progress. With one minder we shared daily diary with the other she had her own.

It worked fine but maybe because we already knew each other. The children were fine and apart from occasionally confusing names. One child I had from 9 months to 3 years and sibling for a short time before they moved areas. Other child again from 9 months at the start she came to me for 2 days and 1 to the other minder - after a year mum needed to change days and the other minder couldn't do the new day and neither could I so she went to a different minder for 9 months until I had the day come available, the other minder had told mum she could only do it temporarily anyway as has siblings of mindees due to start after maternity leave. We would see each other out and about during the week anyway

smurfette
09-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Thanks tulip., actually now not sure what will happen.. Found out today mindee almost definitely moving house (posted about this in summer and thought it was dying a death but she collected Lo to look at house out of area today and apparently they nearly made an offer on another one on other side of city!) which will give me two spaces each day except fri which I am not Willing to give up! It was dad
That came to visit, I really liked him we clicked and the little girls were gorgeous .. He said very plainly he liked what I offered and is sending mum to visit tomorrow! Money was a bit sticky as more than they have been paying so maybe I should come down a bit, it's 20 euros a day more.

A I have one mindee leaving April as mum
Going on maternity, but it's only odd
Days so mum won't be stuck

B one poss leaving in June but blocking a full space with two days, dad is on temp contract so don't know how will go

C the one who is moving

Spaces will come up
A April
B June?
C who knows?!

Hubby says I must look after us as if I am only left with one four day mindee we can't survive and how can u fill spaces like that?! Would feel awful giving notice but parents really don't think of us (quote mindee of moving mum today 'yes we have looked at houses all over, only tie we have to this area is you., so we looked at house on other side of city..) charming!!! However I do know she appreciates me they were very generous at Christmas and I have had both their girls but at the end of the day each person has to look after their own family don't they and they are right!!!

smurfette
09-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Oh and paperwork sharing not a problem we don't do as much here so wouldn't be a requirement I suppose I was more worried about Losing kids if other minder had a space come up does it get very competitive?! Dad said he would prefer to have two as they have just been left in lurch with minder who is sick, and also messing them around.. They would then have a back up I guess if I was off or sick

smurfette
10-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Had a text just now from dad to say mum not happy about the Pets,
So looks like it's a no go.