PDA

View Full Version : Please

Hello you
09-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Hi there, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I wish you all lots of new's contract with nice families :)

I would like to have some advices, about what kind of
activities you are doing in this moment? Winter ideas?

Have a a lovely day

sarah707
11-01-2014, 09:42 AM
We had fun cutting up winter themed pictures from Christmas cards and making a collage with them. As we were cutting and sticking we talked about the different pictures - sang songs - told each other stories - and then read a book about a robin in winter later :D

blue bear
11-01-2014, 09:47 AM
The children decided they would like to make a story sack this week (I'd planned winter ) they have made 7 bags, chose a story found props and drawn on the bags, it's been great fun and the bags are excellent. We have also been looking at the letter a,animals apples, printing, eating cooking, a in names, tracing over,painting,a and cutting out.

FloraDora
11-01-2014, 10:02 AM
The problem with a winter theme is most of the resources are based on winter being snow linked, which just isn't the case in England.
The children end up thinking that winter means snow......

That said, I am looking at winter as a season and am currently looking at the effect of winter on us all;hibernation of animals, (the John Lewis advert/ story gave us a good intro to this ) clothes we wear in winter, feeding the birds, darkness ( this week - stargazing) but emphasising cold not snow. Lots of outdoor play so that we experience the weather first hand; cold,wind,rain. Luckily I live next door to a nature reserve so nature in winter can be high up in my activities.

All my snowy resources are waiting for the day we have snow.... And 'changes' focus around freezing are ready to go when the temperature drops to freezing here.

loocyloo
11-01-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm doing 'around the world'! ... linking winter here with summer in Australia ( Australia Day ... I lived there for a while so it's something we always celebrate :-) ) and China for Chinese New year.
Lots of books and language and maps , especially as I have a LO obsessed by maps currently.